Thursday, December 20, 2007

Anything to distract myself from the wait!

Well, let's just say a ride in the ambulance, 4 hours at the emergency room & a newly dislocated shoulder should keep my mind pretty pre-occupied over the holidays! Not much China-thinking going on right now with all the pain meds I am on.
Yes, I dislocated my shoulder while goofing off with Hannah. I once again win the award for mother of the year! The weather is nice out here so on Monday we went out with her bike (and Jim and our Abbie-dog). Hannah still has training wheels so I was running along side her pushing her bike along -- going way too fast. My bad - I was being way too silly with the 6 year old. I guess I forgot that I am 36, not 6. I tripped over her training wheel, knocked her over & fell right on top of her. Nice, huh? (And, yes I can hear you all laughing!!!!) Amazing that she isn't more injured than a big bruise on her leg. With all my weight on the girl she is sure lucky to be alive! In the process I dislocated my left shoulder. If there is a man out there that has dislocated a shoulder, you officially have experienced pain far greater than childbirth. Oh my -- they couldn't get that morphine drip going fast enough in the ambulance. Hats off to the inventors of pain meds!!!
I'll be in a sling for 4 - 6 weeks. Never a dull moment.

No comments: