Thursday, March 20, 2008

Off to the East Coast ....




My niece, Danielle, is 14 years old (going on "20" in many ways, as you can imagine!). Her 8th grade trip to Washington DC got cancelled so I volunteered as chaperon to the East Coast for her & her best friend, Cheyenne. The three of us will visit NYC, Philadelphia, Wash DC ... and I truly can't wait. The trip will be a break from a lot of heaviness here at home.


My sister-in-law (my niece's mom) is fighting hard against cancer & to be honest, the heart break of it all is emotionally draining ... but my emotional drain is nothing compared to the physical & emotional drain on my beautiful sister-in-law. To say, "sister-in-law" feels removed because truly she is my sister, in more ways than one. I thank God for bringing me into this family & for the joy of being Roisin's "sister". She is a treasure. Despite the pain, I wouldn't be anywhere else at this time of need. I want to run. I want to hide from this enormous pain but I feel God's presence as He journeys me to a new place as an aunt, sister & friend. I love my 3 nieces more than words can say & I am thankful we live so close (1.5 miles) to journey this tragic rode together.


Hannah will spend the week with my parents in Philadelphia. She is excited for her own "vacation with Grandpa & Grandma." Jim is too busy with work to get away right now. We are saving his schedule for our vacations this summer and for, Lord willing, our trip to China in the fall. It is hard to imagine Lily -- with so many things being upside down right now, I am thankful for this wait. It is for a reason and I trust that the wait for Lily is truly for many reasons. God is so faithful . I trust in Him and I am clinging to Him in new ways during these difficult days. Of course, I am hoping when I return from our trip there will be rumors of China getting through mid-January paperwork. A girl can still hope, right!?! God bless you all as we celebrate the Risen Christ this Easter. God is so good!!!!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

What about Boston?! Come on, I'll be the tour guide! I am so saddened by your SIL's cancer but I know she must feel so blessed to have your strength and friendship.