Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Back Home ....


Looks like China will get through paperwork from Jan. 9th, 2006 .... depressing but I have no control over any of this. I have to look at the positive side ... at least they haven't closed their international adoption program (although it feels like they have!). If the 9th comes to fruition, we are inching along with 17 days of paperwork in front of us in line. Only 17 days of paperwork & still months to go.

We had an awesome (and very exhausting) trip to the East Coast. In six days we covered 3 cities: Philadelphia, NYC & Washington DC. I am beyond tired. We stayed up late every night & got up early every morning....but it was so much fun & truly a once in a lifetime kind of trip! On the way from NYC to DC, another niece, Sarah, that lives in Philadelphia, joined us for our trip in DC. It was so great to be with my 2 eldest nieces (Danielle, that lives close by in California & Sarah, that lives in Philadelphia). Danielle's best friend, Cheyenne, was great to travel with -- she has manners, a caring heart & lots of giggles. I just love her braces, big smile & "peace sign" in almost every photo.


We landed back in California on Sunday night & by the time I landed, I came back with an extra "souvenier" from our trip: Bell's Palsy on the left side of my face. It had started to develop the day before we left but really began to display itself as we flew home. Oh the joy of having one side of one's face paralyzed....not!! I had this 10 years ago on the right side of my face -- after about 2 months it went away so I am really hoping the same thing happens this time. I saw the doctor yesterday & am now on a strong dose of drugs to try to kick this thing asap.


Although frustrating, bell's palsy is simply annoying ---- it is nothing like what my precious sister-in-law is enduring. My dear Roisin is meeting today with the doctor to discuss hospice care. It is hard to believe. I truly can't grasp how quickly her situation has changed from just a few months ago. Roisin's trust is in the Lord for her hope & her future. Please pray for dear Roisin -- no one is more selfless and caring. She is truly a picture of God's grace as she has been fighting hard for her 3 girls.












1 comment:

Melissa said...

Roslin continues to be in my prayers. I can't even imagine how difficult this is for her and her family and for you. This puts our wait in perspective. I wish I could take this pain away from you.