Friday, April 18, 2008

China Adoption Forecast


Here is the "weather forecast", so to speak, for China adoptions. Right now China is through processing paperwork up to Jan. 9th, 2006. As you can see from this predictions chart, our date of Jan. 26th is looking like a referral in July.
But don't be fooled into thinking that a July referral might really happen. The past few months China has referred one day worse than horrid case. So although, horrid case has us getting our referral in July, I have to think it will probably be more like August since they have been tracking worse than horrid case. Of course, once we hit August, China is hosting the Olympics (did you hear?). No one really knows how the Olympics will effect the adoption program but my bet is that they will not doing anything for the month of August. Just my bet. Looking more & more like a September referral for us.
Heartbreaking to once again re-adjust my mindset but I have to: no Lily this summer, not even her referral. I just can't let myself get too upset. There is some reason for all of this -- I don't know what it is, I don't understand at this point but God knows & I am continuing to trust in Him.
"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." Psalm 34:18
"But now, Lord, what do I look for? My hope is in you." Psalm 39:7

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Keep the faith that it will happen in July. It has to!!