"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction and faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12
I know I have read this verse before, I just don't remember it. Last week this verse jumped off the page to me.
Adopting Lily & the long wait has not been God's "Plan B" for our lives. This is His plan. He knew it all, even before the foundations of the earth. God knew -- this is not a surprise to Him. Not getting pregnant has been a surprise to me but certainly not a surprise to the Creator. Having to wait 27+ months since our paperwork got to China is not a surprise to God but it sure has been a shock to me.
Those words, "joyful in hope" really touched a nerve in my heart as we are planning to give Lily the middle name Hope. I have been trying to have joy in each day as I wait for our sweet Lily Hope even while walking through one of the darkest times of life with the illness of my sister-in-law, Roisin. I am starting to realize that Lily will bring some much needed joy at just the right time in our lives. If she were here now I wouldn't be as available for the needs of our family.
On a side note -- China has started matching babies to families for May referrals. My guess is they will get through a few days of paperwork. Maybe through 1/12/06. Wouldn't I be shocked if they got to 1/26/06......a girl can daydream, right?!
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Still hoping
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
You always have the right words!That verse also resonates with me. I was actually thinking and praying for your sil the other day and also realized that Lily will be entering into your life when you will probally need her the most. Thank you for reminding me once again to live my life to it's fullest while I wait!
Post a Comment