August. Month of the "Big O". Olympics in China. 2008.
And here we are ... waiting.
For anyone keeping track, last week marked 30 months since our paperwork was entered into the China system. That is exactly 2 1/2 years! Not to mention the 12 months prior with us fiddling around with paperwork for the adoption.
There are rumors on chinaadopttalk.com that matching is going on for our paperwork but nothing is 100% sure. Ironically, I am at peace not knowing what will happen in the next week or so. I will be devastated if we don't get our referral before the Olympics but I think I have finally learned (for now , at least) a lesson that God has been trying to teach me for a long time: I am not in control. Even here at home. I think I am in control but I am not. The jolt from the earthquake the other day was a good reminder that I really can't control anything (or anyone). God is in control & my trust in Him has grown through this adoption process. When things slowed down so much for our adoption I never thought I would thank God for this delay but He has truly done wonderful things in our lives as we have waited & as we have learned to be patient.
Hannah was jumping up & down when I told her we might get Lily's picture next week (gosh, now I sure hope so after I opened my big mouth!). I seriously need to get Hannah a trophy that says "Most Patient Sister Ever." Hannah has lived half her life being told, "you are going to be a big sister." She has been sooooo patient!!!
Summer has been in full swing. I have started to finally feel back to myself after all we went through at the start of the summer with losing Roisin.
I am so thankful that I have been able to enjoy lots of days with Hannah over the summer. We have had a lot of friends over, had sleepovers & gone to some fun places. Jim, Hannah & I went to Disneyland the other night & stayed until they closed. We had such a blast riding Space Mountain at midnight. It was Hannah's first time on Space Mountain & she LOVED it!! That girl is gutsy!! I guess I shouldn't be surprised after she was riding the jetski at 50 MPH on Lake Shasta & asking to go faster.
She is going to be in school full day starting on August 25th. I can't believe she is going into 1st grade! I am excited for her & the adventures this year will hold for her.
Stay tuned, hopefully we won't mark our 31 month LID anniversary at the end of August without a picture our Lily Hope Eriksen.
Thursday, July 31, 2008
And Now, Another Month
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Hoping and praying your pictures will come this week! Waiting is the pits and nothing cures it better than that first glimps of her sweet face! My prayers are heading your way for a referral THIS WEEK!
Post a Comment