Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A Look Back

It is looking good for referrals to be sent this week!!!! If so, we will be included. I can't wrap my brain around the fact that we might get Lily's picture this week! I will really believe it when I see her picture. I know all the emotions that I bottled up inside during this wait will come pouring out.

It is hard to believe that it was really THREE SUMMERS AGO that we were paperchasing for China. Is that for real? July 2005 we switched to our current agency & started the process of collecting our paperwork / documents. Life was very different back then - little things & big things:

-- My Hannah was only 3 (yes, 1/2 her life ago!).

-- We had a different dog back in Summer of 2005 -- we had a very energetic yellow lab. Now we have a very energetic beagle! For some reason we seem to attract these types of dogs.

-- My nephew, David, did not have Type I Diabetes back in the summer of 2005. It is hard to remember what life was like for him to not have to check his sugar levels & count his every carb.

-- Back in Summer 2005, my sister-in-law, Roisin, had not been re-diagnosed with breast cancer yet. We enjoyed lots of days by the pool with our girls & weren't talking chemo treatement & funeral plans. Now, my sweet Roisin is in Heaven and although I know she is rejoicing & pain free, I will always miss her. I miss her for me but mostly for the three girls that have to grow up without her.

This wait has been so hard. There aren't words to explain the pain of continual delays & disappointments. I know not many can really understand what it has been like but I know that those who are still waiting know exactly what I am talking about. I have never anticipated anything more in my entire life as I have this referral. Despite all the pain of waiting, I truly know it was for a reason & God has certainly done wonderful things in our lives as we have rested in Him & waited on His timing.

6 comments:

The Fab 5 said...

I check your blog everyday hopeful that you have your sweet Lily's face in your hands. Your blog has been an inspiration for so many including myself. The pain of waiting is something you will never forget but the joy is much stronger. Our journey was 5 years of waiting traveling across the world and then to find her right at home. God has crazy plans but you are right it is in his time. Let me tell you he is a perfectionist and knows us better than anyone and he will hit it out of the park for you. Your family is finally at home plate and ready for that homerun! We have used baseball throughout our whole journey to describe the pain. Too many strike outs and our team was ready to quit. Then God quietly stepped behind us and WOW what an awesome journey started with our daughter. Your day is coming and what a day it will be. I will pray that it comes today or this week. You are in need of a celebration this summer after such a life changing loss. Happy Day today it may just be another life changing day!

Norma said...

I am so sorry the wait has dragged on and on.....for you and for all the other waitng parents,,,,,but mostly for the kids who should have had that time with their families, who should be getting all the love waiting to be given.Hold on..not long now.

this is us said...

You've done it! You're here! This is it! Your sweet girl is about to get her mommy and daddy! I can't wait to see her FACE here!!!!!

Love,
J

The Fab 5 said...

Tomorrow is a new day. Hang in there.

Alyson and Ford said...

"This wait has been so hard. There aren't words to explain the pain of continual delays & disappointments. I know not many can really understand what it has been like but I know that those who are still waiting know exactly what I am talking about."

So true and we do so understand... Praying that we all get to see the faces of our little ones SOON!
peace
fm
LID 1-27-06

The Fab 5 said...

Still praying news comes soon!