Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Lily Sha Hope

 
Posted by Picasa



I can't stop staring at the pictures of this precious bundle of joy! She reminds me completely of Hannah when she was a baby ... happy & sweet!!

We met with our wonderful China coordinator tonight at a Starbuck's (yes, Starbucks!). She provided all the translated documents regarding Lily. Her current Chinese name is Sha Qu.

Here is some of the information we received tonight about our sweet girl:
Her personality is animated. She likes to listen to music and watch TV, play toys with her little friends. She likes to smile, and she can distinguish between acquaintances and strangers. She can say some baby words, and she feels excited when seeing food. She wants to touch everything. She is very strong. If someone hugs her and plays with her, she will laugh happily.


We are tentatively going to travel from September 19th - 30th. We will meet Lily & hold her in our arms for the first time on September 22nd....and then we will never let her go!!! Our travel dates could change based on various factors, but as of right now, these are the dates our coordinator is shooting for. If so, only 5 weeks & 4 days without our Lily!!!!

73 comments:

Ashley Winters said...

Congratulations! Lily looks like a healthy, happy baby. May the rest of your journey be sweet.

Ashley

Billy and Maggie said...

Your little girl looks beautiful! Congratulations, much happiness to you and your family.
Maggie
LID 2-17-06

Carol said...

She is totally gorgeous! Enjoy your journey to China. Time goes so fast...waiting to travel is hard but after that time will go so fast.Seems like just yesterday I was leaving to get or first child from CHina...3 trips later and my big girl is going into 1st grade
warm regards
Carol

Melissa said...

So perfectly cute!I am so happy to be sharing your joy with you! I cna't believe how fast you can travel!!God is good!!!

waitingformia said...

Congratulations...she is gorgeous with a contagious smile that made me smile too. We received our referral in the early July batch and will also be traveling to the Hunan Province. Our travel begins on August 22nd. If I can be of any help to you with answers to your questions please feel free to email me anytime. Here's to a quick TA!!

Mommy said...

Congratulations! She is absolutely beautiful! I know you are over the moon.

Carol said...

That is a wonderful smile!

Ariel said...

She's gorgeous!! Big congrats for a long awaited photo! Prayers for a speedy and safe trip!

Mary said...

Oh my goodness, she is unbelievably beautiful! That grin is just wonderful!!! Congratulations!

Mary (OneBlessedFamily on RQ)

Bobbie said...

aww..shes adorable

Vicky said...

congratulations !!! What an amazing smile.. Now was it worth the wait???

Best of luck to you and your family. I look forward to following your journey !!

Vicky, New York

Brandi said...

She is absolutely gorgeous! I love that smile!

Congratulations!!!!

Wife of the Pres. said...

HI from RQ. She is gorgeous! Congratulations. I love your blog!!! I contacted blogovers with love to ask to be on the waiting list. Thanks for sharing your beautiful girl and the blog link!
Leslie
www.youbelong.net/theirwins

Elissa said...

She is ADORABLE!! Truly one of the cutest referral photos I've ever seen! (And after 3 1/2 years I've seen a lot!) Congratulations! Elissa (from RQ)

Jennifer and Kevin McFatridge said...

How sweet she is. We've never met, spoke, etc., but I'm at my computer in tears at how beautiful she is, knowing that one day I will get to post the picture of our child. This has been a long, grueling wait and we have approximately one more year to go. Congrats!!!
Kevin and Jennifer
LID 4/24/06

Valerie said...

What a complete doll! Her smile say it all.

The time will fly by - in fact act as if your travel times are sooner than you think (sometimes it is and you don't want to have to rush).

What a lovely family you have. We returned in May and it is and these children are just amazing.

Safe journeys.

Valerie

industrialpoppy said...

Just beautiful-congratulations to you and your family-you are truly blessed!

Tracy said...

Congratulations on your completely adorable and obviously VERY happy spicy girl! Our daughter is form Hunan as well. How cool - you may actually get your sweet girl on our DD's 2nd birthday! What a fun age you will get her at, too. So happy for you and your family!

Tracy (Trace7 from RQ)

Kim said...

She is absolutely adorable! Congratulations!!!!

Gail said...

Congratulations!
Lily is gorgeous! What a smile!
Wishing you a safe and memorable journey to her.
Enjoy this time, it has been a very long wait.

Angie said...

Wow she is adorable! What a happy baby! Congratulations!!!

Jackie Sue said...

She is just beautiful!!! Congratulations. You are going to have so much fun! Blessings.

Lilly said...

Your new daughter is just adorable and a very happy little girl. I've been following your blog for quite some time and are very happy for your family.

Kelly and Matt said...

What a sweet little face! Congratulations on your new daughter. Praying for your safe, speedy travels and an unforgettable "gotcha" day!

Karmen and Greg said...

What an absolute angel!!! And that SMILE! Congratulations and God speed on your journey!

Karmen
www.babybernacchi.com
LID 9/11/06 for Ella

Donna said...

Oh Debbie! That is one of the best referral pics I have ever seen. She is BEAUTIFUL! Congrats!

FriendinNYC said...

Mazel tov on this sweet blessing. She looks like a bundle of cuteness and personality. She'll be a perfect addition to your family. God's timing is so perfect, isn't it? We are sooo happy for your family.

Nina said...

She's beautiful! What a happy, shining, smiling face!! Congratulations!!

Nina (from RQ)

Sarah said...

Oh my oh my oh my!!!! She's beautiful!!!! I'm so happy for you, and you'll get to travel to her so fast!

Miriam said...

When I first saw her picture, I completely thought you took a photo of the front cover of some Chinese Kids Magazine... I thought it was a joke because she is so completely perfect and ridiculously adorable!!! I can't wait to meet my new neice!!!!

Ashley said...

What a cutie and the 22nd is a great day in my book!

Kylie's momma said...

Oh my heck..SOOOOO cute! And smiling too. Congrats on your referral. Susan in MT. momma to a Guixi sweetie

Ava Baby said...

What a beautiful baby!! Congratulations!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations...she is adorable. I saw her picture on the NCA yahoo group. Can't wait to see her in your arms!! Blessings, stacy (fellow NCA mama)

wellworththewait said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Your daughter is absolutely beautiful! We adopted our daughter, Lily, from the Miluo City SWI in August 2005. Please join the Yahoo group where all the participants have adopted Miluo children. Here's the link!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Miluokids/?yguid=294576941

Ann

Adoption & Fire said...

SHe is just too cute! Congratulations!

Jen & Rob said...

She is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations to you and your family!
Jenny G.

eastandwest said...

Too cute! Love the hair!

Julie and Steve said...

OMG! She is precious. Thank you for posting your blog and rejuvenating my belief that this long wait IS worth it! :)

Julie
LID 4-10-07

Donna said...

She is absolutely perfect!

Anonymous said...

She is just gorgeous! Congrats and best wishes to you and your family. Enjoy this time. Let's pray for a speedy TA!!

Susan
mom to LilyKate and Eleanor

Christy said...

I cant believe only 5 weeks-- wow!!!! That was how it was with us. Sabrina gets things going really quick and is usually right on with her dates. We will need to talk soon so we can talk about Changsha which is where you will stay at the Dolton. It is an awesome hotel and you will love it!! You will also get Lily in the same room that we got Mia. I am just so excited that in 5 weeks you will be holding little Lily!!!

Christy :)

Glen said...

That has to be one of the cutes baby photo I have ever seen, Her big smile made me smile.
Glen

kitchu said...

She is simply adorable, congratulations to you and your family!

Rachel said...

Congratulations! Your lIly is adorable! I LOVE her big smile!

Congratulations and speedy travel to you!

Rachel
mom to Lily, Gotcha Day 3/24/08

The Woodalls said...

O.K., I think that is about the cutest baby I have ever seen! Congratulations!! (Our original LID was 1/26/06 for NSN, but we brought home a precious 6-year-old last September through the SN program!)

Emily

t~ said...

Congratulations on your beautiful daughter! Her smiling face is just to precious!

Cheri and Shane said...

Congratulations!!! She is absolutely precious...what a beautiful smile!!! Love the picture with the hat on!!

Cheri
DH Shane
DD Hope (Guangdong Province)
12/11/07 Gotcha Day

Heather said...

Congratulations! She is adorable!

Rachel said...

Congratulations! (saw your blog from rq) We traveled in September of last year and had an amazing time. We also have a Lily :) Your Lily looks so happy, you can see the twinkle in her eye. Again, Congrats!
Rachel

a Tonggu Momma said...

Congratulations!!!! She looks like a bundle of joy, with a BIG personality.

Oh, goodness -- and I see a comment about "being excited when she sees food." Y'all, that's what our daughter's referral information stated. You'd better get ready!!!!

Rhonda said...

She is absolutely GORGEOUS!! She was born in my birthday, too.

Congrats!
Rhonda/twinangel @ RQ

Deb said...

Congrats! She is a very happy looking little girl!
Sweet as a button.

Kayce said...

Congratulations! Your daughter is beautiful!

Alyson and Ford said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! She is beautiful!
We have our daughters!!!
Aly and I are sooooo happy for you all!
peace
fm

Silvia - Desenredando el hilo rojo said...

Congratulations! She is so so so so beautiful!

Congratulations from Spain

DiJo said...

Debbie,
I have seen a lot of referral pictures in the three years I have been a part of this China Journey to forever families. I do believe that Lily is one of the most adorable babies I have ever seen. Honestly, could the photo in the floppy hat be any cuter? Congratulations! She was clearly worth the wait!

Blessings,
Diana (Ruby Mei - Jiangxi 5/7/07, who just turned 2!)

Stephanie Maciborski said...

I am so happy for you all. Lily is precious in every way. She looks like a little angel. I will be praying for you in the weeks ahead. Your blog is so sweet. It brought tears to my eyes. God bless you on your journey to meet Lily in China. So exciting... God is faithful!!!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

What a sweetheart... congratulations...

Jodee said...

Congratulations! She is just adorable!

Dan and Karen said...

She is absolutely ADORABLE!!!! Congratulations!!!!
Karen
LID 1/23/06

Christine said...

She is adorable. Congratulations to you and your family. Here is hoping that the wait for travel goes quickly.

Ruth and Brian said...

Debbie,
Fellow Panda here and I just wanted to say how totally adorable your baby girl is. Congratulations. Enjoy the elation and thrill of finally receiving the good news. We are celebrating with you. Our daughter was born on 9/24/07 a day after our sons birthday.

Also curious how you have information about travel already??? I saw the same thing on another site where they quoted they'd meet their daughter on Sept 22nd. I didn't think travel dates are decided at time of referral. Just wondering.

Blessings
Ruth
LID 1/27/06
DOR 8/12/08

mimi's mommy said...

Congratulations on your beautiful little Lily. We wish you joyful times.

The Reeds,
Carol,Bill and Emily Rose

Kiy said...

Congrats! I so remember this time, it is beyond special. Enjoy your last few moments of peace, it gets crazy from here ... but in a wonderful way.

Kiy

Unknown said...

Congratulations. Your daughter is adorable.

JMCS said...

Lily is gorgeous! Congratulations to you and your family. you must be over the moon!

P.S. What a smile. :)

Hugs,
Jonni

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Oh my... what an adorable sweetheart... and that smile...

Christi and Abbey said...

Oh, your daughter is so sweet! congratulations after such a long wait!
Your blog is very cute too.

Yoli said...

I don't think she could possibly be any cuter! Congratulations!!!

Donna said...

Oh my goodness Debbie!! It's finally going to happen. WOO-HOO!!
I am so excited for you guys. She is the most beautiful little girl. What a wonderful life she has ahead of her. CONGRATS!!

Stacey Reed said...

I am so happy for you and your precious gift from China! I found your site on The rumor Queen...which I am sure has been your lifeblood for these past couple years! :)

We are preparing to celebrate our 3 year Gotcha day with our girl. She will be 4 tomorrow!

It is true that the wait seems trivial once you are holding that beautiful child in your arms1

Congratulations!

Stacey Reed

Stacey Reed said...

I am so happy for you and your precious gift from China! I found your site on The rumor Queen...which I am sure has been your lifeblood for these past couple years! :)

We are preparing to celebrate our 3 year Gotcha day with our girl. She will be 4 tomorrow!

It is true that the wait seems trivial once you are holding that beautiful child in your arms1

Congratulations!

Stacey Reed