
So hard to imagine that Roisin is really gone forever from this place. I know I will see her again. I know she'll be greeting me when God calls me home but for now I am just not myself without her. I can't think straight. I almost drove up a one way street. I shopped at Costco & forgot to put all my items on the belt ... just left everything in the cart while I stood there waiting to pay & I didn't understand why the cashier was explaining to me that "usually the guests puts the smaller items up on the belt" As she was saying it I didn't even understand what she was talking about & then I got it. I told her that my sister-in-law had just died & I just broke down in tears. Thankfully, she was very kind & understanding!
Life will just never be the same. I know I will get back to being "me" but for now I am really at a loss imagining life without her & especially, life for my nieces without their wonderful mother. I get overwhelmed thinking about all the years ahead of these girls without their mom. I can't keep worrying about tomorrow & all the "what if" scenarios for the girls. Today I was reminded of what Jesus said, "Do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself." I needed that reminder.
God is my refuge & help for all things and through Him I will get through this season one day at a time. I am so thankful that the Lord understands my sorrow & grief....and that He loves & cares for my nieces much more than I.
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
One day at a time without Roisin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Hey there. You don't know me. I stumbled across your blog thru the Rumor Queen's website. First let me say your daughter is so beautiful. BOTH daughters actually. I was reading your blog and I wanted to say how sorry I am for your recent loss. I lost my 7 year old niece suddenly in May of this year and this post really spoke volumes to me. I really understand what you are going through. I will be following along on your journey. Good luck and congratulations on your daughter.
Peace,
KellyW.
from Virginia
Post a Comment