I just realized I never updated to say that China only got through paperwork up til 1/20/06. So, we are 6 days away in paperwork not 4 days like I thought. But still, 6 days of paperwork is not bad!! I talked to our adoption agency & the person I spoke with was very nonchalant that she is expecting for us to receieve our referral in July. Nonchalant!?!? After 3 years of waiting I would think there would have been a bit more excitement on the part of our agency! Whatever at this point. Any way I look at it, the wait is almost over. We are sooooo close!
My mom is coming to visit July 10 - 17th ... can I just say if we have Lily's referral we will probably shop for this girl 24/7 the entire week she is here! Mom is taking me away to Solvang for 2 nights of mom / daugther time. I SOOOOOO need a get-away with mom! She's a best friend & mom rolled into one just-about-perfect human being. I could never have asked for a better mother. She actually volunteered to come to China with us if we need her to. She doesn't want to fly that far from home but she said she'd love to do it for us. Awww.... what more could I ask for?
This month is going to fly ... July will be here before I know it. Lord willing, Lily's referral will come in July. If not, I just know it is not His timing. I have learned through this past 2 years to not jump ahead of God.
My niece, Sarah, from Philadelphia is here visiting for 2 weeks. It is sooo great to have her in town & all she talks about (almost) is that she doesn't want to go back home. She came to see us but also to see her best friend, Katie. Katie's mom, Kim, & I are the best of friends so it is nice to see these girls get along so well!!!
Here are some pics from life around here since Sarah arrived --
Sarah arrives & surprises Katie on her birthday at the airport
Hannah's last day of kindergarten ... where did this year go?
Boating on the lake ... lots of fun .. even with our dog, Abbie 



It's summertime ... time to really just enjoy life and live it up with some R&R. I only get 18 summers with my Hannah & I am making every one count with plenty of fun, time together and making memories for her wonderful little life!!!
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Update on China
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Hi Debbie,
Soooo, what exactly did your agency say? Do you think they know for sure or just have a feeling that we will be included? Did they mention when they thought referrals would arrive?? I had to ask for details!!!
YIPPEE!!!! I am so excited for you guys. I hope that referral comes early and surprises you. You so deserve that. We will be praying for you all and Lily too! She is one really lucky girl that God chose you to be her mommy. Can't wait to meet her sometime.
Post a Comment