.jpg)
My heart is broken for the loss my sweet sister in law Roisin & all she endured.
Roisin was special beyond words! We became sisters in law just short of 12 years ago. When we first met 14 years ago & I asked how to spell her name, she said "Raisin" with an "O" ... isn't that cute? Roisin had a quick Irish sense of humor. She loved life & loved people. She rarely said anything bad about anyone! She was so good that way (sadly, too good). She was generous with her home, her life .. you name it, she was generous top to bottom with her whole being. Her smile & bright blue eyes could light up any room. All the kids from the neighborhood would gather at her house. She was the kind of mom that kids wanted to be around.
She fought sooooo hard to live for these three wonderful girls. The Saturday before she died we talked & both cried. I told her that life will never be the same without her. She told me, "I know the girls will be OK because they have you." I told her "no one, no one, no one, no one will ever ever ever replace you .. they only have one mom. Lots of aunties will love on them but no one will be Mom."
She was special and her life mattered so much to so many.
I thank God that I know Roisin is rejoicing with Him. She has no more tears & no more pain. Thank you, Lord, for hope of eternity with you!
"See how great a love the Father has bestowed upon us, that we should be called children of God; and such we are ... " 1 John 3:1
photo courtesy of neilvancephoto.com ... thank you!!!
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Sweet Roisin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Debbie,
I am so sorry for your loss. My heart breaks for all of you. I just came upon this verse today and sent it to my dear friend Michelle this morning who's husband is very ill too...
"Be strong and take heart, all you who trust in the Lord." ~Psalm 31:24
I will also pray for sweet Lily, as God is preparing her to meet you very soon!!! What a blessing she will be to your entire family. She will be such a gift to those three precious nieces of yours. You see, God's timing really is perfect!
Blessings to you today and beyond!
-Diana (Ruby...)
I was surfing around the China adoption blogs and found your blog and wanted to say hi! I wanted to send some encouragement your way with the wait. You are almost there! :o)
I'm also sorry to hear about your loss. Prayers for you!
I am so sad for your loss but also relieved that Roisin in no longer in pain. I am sure she is looking down on all she loved and will be guiding your Lily into your arms!
I am sure you are exhausted with grief but in a few short weeks we will be rejoicing over the new lives that will be entering our worlds!
Post a Comment