So I bought this awesome poster at IKEA about 3 years ago. It was back when we were still pre-paperwork to China. When I saw this poster at IKEA I felt like it was a picture of our little girl in China but we just couldn't see her face yet. I love this poster but at some point in this long, long wait to Lily I hung this poster in an area of the house we don't use very much so I didn't have to be constantly reminded that we still didn't know who Lily is.
This week I decided to reframe the poster & give it a prominent placement downstairs since we are getting close to our paperwork being "at the front of the line", as Hannah says! So yesterday, Thursday 1/26/08, was our 29 month log in "anniversary" -- Hannah & I were at IKEA to buy a new frame for this poster ... would you believe that as my hand was just touching the frame on comes the song, "Little Wonders" by Rob Thomas. That song is very special to me & always reminds me of Lily. I heard that song for the first time on our 1 year anniversary of our paperwork being received into the China adoption system (back on 1/26/07). Was hearing that special song at that exact moment a sign? I don't know but somehow it gave me hope that our Lily is maybe being matched to our family very, very soon. Lord willing, this wait will come to an end before we know it.
We are off to Lake Shasta for a week of fun, boating, swimming, sun tanning, eating junk food galore & just relaxing ... a few of my favorite things! Maybe when we return there will be a wonderful stork surprise for us from China. Only God knows & we are truly still trusting in Him for our Lily Hope!!!
Friday, June 27, 2008
Who is Lily?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Your leaving!! I hope your SW has your cell #!! I really think the call will come next week. Have a wonderful restful trip and soon we will finally have a face to our girls!!
Oh I LOVE the picture! I can't believe we missed it this month by one day! But we are NEXT! Finally in a few weeks we know we will meet our little girls! :) Thinking of you and hoping for a speedy July. Hope you enjoyed your holiday.
Post a Comment