While picking up Hannah from school the other day, one of the kids said about Lily, "She is so little but her smile is so big!". Very true. Our little Sha-Sha smiles ear to ear & could light up a stadium with her grin!
With the jet lag from our trip it is hard to believe we have been home for over a week now -- we have been sleeping at the strangest times but I think finally we are all somewhat onto the California time zone.
My mom just left on Tuesday and I have to say: THANK YOU, MOM!!!! There is no better Mother!!! Mom, you went above & beyond the call of duty by coming to California to be with your sweet Hannah while we were in China. Your special time with Hannah was something she will never forget! And given Lily's reaction to you, she knew she won the lottery with you as her Grandma (Ni-Ni)!
We are doing so great. Lily continues to be one happy camper and Hannah is doing great in her new role as Big Sister! I am so proud of Hannah & the way she has embraced her role with Lily. I think it helps that she has her own thing in 1st grade all day but truly she is really doing well with her little sister.
So far we have introduced her to some of our family, friends at school, Girl Scouts and two of our favorite places to eat: Golden Spoon & Claim Jumper :-)!!!!
We switched car seats because Lily is so tiny. She is now using the original car seat we had for Hannah 7 years ago! Hannah had been using it for the past 2 years in her playroom for her dolls!
Last Friday at the doctor, Lily weighed in at 14.7 pounds -- with clothes on. Much better than the 10 pounds we thought she might be. She is wearing size 1 diapers ... and most of the 6 month clothes are too big on her!?!
Lily will wave hello & goodbye. She is saying "Da-Da", "Momma" & best of all, "Nanna" for Hannah!!!
Hannah & I took Lily to the park today after Girl Scouts for her first ride in the swing. As you can see from the pictures, Lily LOVED the swing!
Life is good and I am so thankful for life at home with two daughters!!
Lily will wave hello & goodbye. She is saying "Da-Da", "Momma" & best of all, "Nanna" for Hannah!!!
Hannah & I took Lily to the park today after Girl Scouts for her first ride in the swing. As you can see from the pictures, Lily LOVED the swing!
Life is good and I am so thankful for life at home with two daughters!!


5 comments:
Im so glad everything is going so well-- you have one more stop-- church-I hope we see you Sunday!!!
It sounds like the adjustment is perfect!! She is so adorable and I cant belive how big her smile is! Wow is she a peanut!! She will start putting weight on quickly now that she is home. She is the size Mia was when we brought her home but Mia was 6 months and you see what a peanut mia is now-- Wow will lily be tiny!!
Glad all is well and I am sooo happy for you guys!!
Christy :)
It looks like Lily was the perfect addition to your family! Her smile must be contagious. She is absolutely adorable!
She's adorable - and the smile is huge!! Happy baby!
Alyson
Celebrating 25 days as Alyzabeth's Mommy!
I came across your blog, I hope you don't mind I just wanted to say how adorable your little girl is. Were LID 3/29/06 and all these blogs keep me going. You have a beautiful family.
Hi - found your blog from another blog. Lily Hope is so beautiful with such an amazing smile! Wanted to email you but couldn't find your address - if you haven't already, please check your car seat manufacturer for the car seat lifespan - most are only good for 5 years. Blessings to you and your family always, Wendy
Post a Comment