Thursday, October 2, 2008

We are HOME!!!!!!!










We are back in California!!!!!!! It was so awesome to land at LAX last night & bring the newest US citizen through Customs. All of the Board Patrol officers were so kind to us & Lily, as was the flight crew! We even got a picture of Lily with the pilot that brought her to America! When we came through LAX customs last night, Hannah came sprinting past the guards into the security area to reach us. She was all about getting her hands on her new sister! It was so precious!!!!!

The flight home went well -- especially since our guide in China was able to coordinate an empty seat between Jim & I so we'd have more room for Lily!!

As to be expected, we are all totally jet lagged! Lily & I made a trip to the 24 hour Walmart at 4:30am since we were up and I needed to get a few things. That is definitely the preferred time to shop: no lines! Last night she slept from 10pm - 3am & then again today from 6am - noon. Hopefully within a week she can be on California time. If not, I did enjoy the 4:30am Walmart trip!

Hannah stayed home from school today for Official "I'm a Big Sister Day". Hannah was a bit disappointed that Lily slept through 1/2 their special day! Hannah, Lily & I took a walk together this afternoon & I got some great pictures of the sisters enjoying each other.

I will keep this short for obvious reason but I just have to say: I am sorry to everyone that I haven't called or emailed back. My phone says I have 15 messages but I haven't even turned on the phone volume to check anything. Give me a few days (or a week) and I will get back to you!

Lily is doing awesome & right now enjoying some sleep in her crib.

We are so blessed!!! I look at Lily & can't stop thanking the Lord for this wonderful gift!! The journey was hard, the road was long and the wait was torturous at times but I can truly say that God has done far beyond what I could have ever imagined for our family.

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church & in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:20

"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him." 1 Samuel 1:27

7 comments:

DiJo said...

Praise the Lord for calling you to this amazing journey of faith! You trusted Him, and he has rewarded you!

Enjoy your new life as a family of four!

Blessings,
Diana

Kayce said...

Welcome home! Enjoy the first few weeks and those early morning trips to Walmart. ;)

Melissa said...

You brought me to tears, again! Seeing the girls together is just so sweet! Your family picture is just beautiful and I am such an emotional mess right now!!

Christy said...

I am so happy all is going well for your guys and that Hannah is getting to enjoy the joys of big sisterhood!! Very cool!!

I am hoping you will be at church on Sunday but if not I totally understand why not :) I am giving you a week and then Im going to start emailing-- I want to get my hands (or eyes if your preferr:) on little Lily. I cant wait to see the girls play. It will be so cool!!! Anyway, sleep and relax and dont feel any pressure to do anything. Just relax and enjoy your new family of 4!!

Christy :)

Jodee said...

Welcome home! It looks like Lily was the perfect addition to your family. You are sooo blessed!

Alyson and Ford said...

Congratulations!! Good to hear all is as well as possible! We went through some of the same things just a couple of weeks ago.

Enjoy! Isn't life grand?

Alyson
Celebrating 19 days as Mommy to Alyzabeth!

t~ said...

Welcome home! Blessed is an understatment. I'm in awe of your trip to China and back. What a remarkable journey. Hope your clocks all get set to California time soon! I agree, 4:30am Walmart shopping is the time to shop!