Thursday, September 11, 2008

8 Days & Counting ...




One month ago today, we received our referral of our precious Lily. We received our "referral call" at 12:34 on 8/11 and we first saw Lily's pictures at 2:06pm. It didn't take us long to get organized, get me a Diet Coke in the drive thru at Del Taco (yes, I stopped for a soda!!) and make it to the adoption office.

8 days from right now Jim & I will be at the Los Angeles airport about to board a direct flight (our flight!!!) to Guangzhou, China!! Our wait for Lily that seemed to last forever has suddenly been pushed into warp speed. We will have Lily in 11 days!!!!

I have been busy running around getting everything ready for our trip. I spent time tonight at the pharmacy getting all the necessary medications (for us & Lily) -- I never thought I'd be so happy to purchase Infant Tylenol!!!!

My two best friends hosted a wonderful shower last Saturday. I just loved it but truly couldn't believe it was a shower for our Lily!! We had such a great time with our friends celebrating the upcoming arrival of our gorgeous girl from Hunan. I feel truly so blessed with the wonderful friends we have in our lives. My immediate family is on the East Coast (and Indiana - Hi Miriam!!) so it is such an incredible blessing to have friends here in California that are truly like our family. Lily has no lack of clothes, toys & fun stuff to make life pretty comfy for her here at home!

Another friend took pictures of the shower. I am waiting for a CD with the pics so I can post some here.

Did I mention that we had entertainment at the shower? Hannah did a show for all the guests... and even an encore performance. She danced to the song "Unwritten" by Natasha Beningfield & then sang a song that she wrote for her little sister. I don't know the official title of her song was but she wrote the lyrics herself. The words went something like: "I miss you .. I miss you. I can't wait to see your face." It was soo cute!!!

And, to say the least, Hannah LOVED the "Most Patient Sister Ever" trophy!!!

Yesterday I had lunch with another mom from our church. She & I worked through the same adoption agency starting over 3 years ago. Her paperwork got to China 3 months before ours & she has been home for 17 months with her gorgeous little daughter, Mia, from China. Her daughter is also from Hunan so I got the inside track on what to expect in Hunan!! She leant me her Ergo Baby (is that the right name?) and I am so looking forward to carrying our Lily around in it during our time in China. Thanks, Christy, for getting together with me and for the adorable dresses / bathing suit for Lily!!! I look forward to our girls spending time in the church nursery together. What a blessing to have these gorgeous girls from Hunan. Thank you, Lord!!!!

I have to finish my preparations for Hannah / "Camp Nee-Nee". My mom (Hannah calls her Nee-Nee) is coming from Philadelphia to be with Hannah while we are gone. I have gifts for Hannah for each day of Camp Nee-Nee. Just little "we are thinking of you" kinds of things. Well, not everything is so little but what is a little over indulgence when you are about to become a big sister!?

The countdown continues .. more to come before we take off to China.

All God's best!

3 comments:

this is us said...

we are really wanting to see pics of Lily's room!!!!!! we want to imagine her HOME!

please post some!

:)

- Jennifer

Christy said...

We had a great time with you as well and i too cant wait to see you carrying Lily around in the Ergo-- you will love it.11 days is all you have -- it seems surreal!! I am just soooo happy for you guys and I feel so blessed that Mia will have another Hunan sister within miles of her!! That is just such an answer to prayer.

By the way, I meant to ask you, are you using SKYPE while in china. skype is a phone calling system and I think it is like 2 cents a minute and you can call home through your computer. If you have a webcam camera, the people at home or whoever you are calling can actually see you so if you call Hannah she can see lily while you are talking to her on the phone. If you load skype onto your computer-- totally free-- then you can buy a little bit of time (literally like 2cents a minute) and then I have the webcam we used and you can use that one for your computer. Let me know if you can use our webcam-- supposedly it is a good one. The boys loved being able to see us live via webcam-- it was really cool. Let me know.

Christy :)

The Fab 5 said...

I just wanted to hop on and say have a WONDERFUL trip and take everything in. I am so happy your day is almost here!!!!!!!!! I am so excited to follow your journey to China when you get to finally hold sweet Lily in your arms. Godspeed and we will be praying for you and your sweet Hannah. We did the presents and a note for each day and our kids loved it. A little piece of mom and dad always does the heart good! Blessings!