Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sailing through the Adoption Procedures






Could this adoption process in China go any smoother?  I am just amazed at the ease of things since we have been here.  Of course, why am I ever surprised at God's overwhelming faithfulness & goodness?  This trip has been a true journey of His amazing grace!!!

Yesterday Lily had her medical exam & it could not have gone any better!  We had to take her to 3 separate rooms at the Physical Exam Clinic.  We were probably in the building for all of 10 or 15 minutes.  There was no waiting at all and no problems at all.  I didn't see the scale when they weighed Lily but our guide, Judy, said her weight was something like 14 pounds.  I am not sure about that but we will find out her true weight when we get to Lily's doctor next Friday.     

Judy came to our hotel room this morning to fill out US consulate paperwork with us.  That took about 20 minutes and then we had the entire day to shop, relax, shop, nap, shop & eat!  We ate 2 meals today at placed called "Lucy's" ... an American style restaurant.  Nothing wrong with Chinese food ... believe me, I have been loving the food, we just needed a break from MSG in our food.  At lunch, Lily had her first french fry & she loved it.  Actually, she likes most food - especially broccoli! 

Lily is our little "people person".  She makes friends everywhere we go!  She loves to make eye contact & flash her smile of all smiles.  She is very happy when we are out walking around the island.  Actually, she is very happy most of the time!! 

There are so many cute things to report but I'll just mention the most adorable moment of the day.  As I was changing her diaper on the bed this afternoon  I handed her a bottle of yogurt drink & she fell sound asleep in the midst of the diaper / outfit change.  It was so precious!  I grabbed my camera & got her on video just after she dozed off. She slept on the bed for over an hour ...  what could be more adorable from this precious addition to our family???!!!!!  

One thing we really need prayer for right now is Jim's back.  Many of you know that Jim has had ongoing back issues but it seems to be especially bad right now.  Tonight he told me if we were back at home I'd be taking him to the hospital tonight!  Poor guy!! Please pray that his back will have a lot of relief -- especially for the upcoming 12 hour flight back to California (on Wednesday).  

We are forever grateful to the Lord for this little baby girl.  We couldn't love her any more!!!

Blessings from Room #1227 at the White Swan Hotel!

Debbie, Jim & little miss Sha-Sha

6 comments:

jennifer said...

She is just the cutest thing ever. I can't wait to see what her true weight is. She is such a peanut!

Praying for the back. That flight would not be fun being in that much pain.

DiJo said...

Hi!
Wow, it seems like you hit GZ at the perfect time... It was a madhouse when we were at the medical exam with Her Rubiness!! It is so great to hear how happy Lily is. I know just how blessed you feel!!!! Three more days of this "vacation" and then the next amazing journey begins!!! I will be praying for Jim!

Blessings,
Diana

meremom&dad said...

Gosh, part of the back troubles couldn't be attributed to the beds in China, could it? I remember Eric wanting to sleep on the floor because he thought it would be more comfortable!! Hope you are better soon - -- have you checked out the massages at the health center yet?
Keep that baby eating and smiling!!

Norma said...

I can feel your happiness all the way across the world. She is so dar and so engaging. Love the photos of her smiling up at everyone. Cute.
Ouch fro the back.......I will pray.Do lots of stretches.

t~ said...

So glad to hear it's still going so smoothly. She's so beautiful!

Leigh said...

She is so cute!