Here is the email I just received from our China Coordinator:
Hi Debbie and Jim,
I confirmed your consulate appointment with the US Consulate in Guangzhou and here is confirmed travel itinerary:
9/19 LAX - Guangzhou - Changsha (arrive on 9/21) via China Southern Airline
9/22 "Gotcha Day" ... Meet our precious Lily!!
9/23 Adoption registration day/notary/apply for Chinese passport
9/24 Local city tour (half day)
9/25 rest
9/26 pick up baby's passport
9/27 Changsha - Guangzhou; medical exam
9/28 rest
9/29 Consulate Appointment (9:00 am confirmed by phone)
9/30 pick up US visa; rest
10/1 Guangzhou - LAX via China Southern Airline (arrive LAX at 7 pm on 10/1)
Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you, Lord for this news!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just can't stop smiling looking at the pictures of our beautiful daughter & I can't imagine that in exactly 16 days Jim & I will be sitting on a plane on our way to CHINA! I can't believe these countdown days have finally arrived!!
We are coming, sweet little Lily Sha!!! 18 days until we hold you in our arms!!!!
Dear friends of ours are having a shower for us on Saturday. My parents arrive tomorrow from Philadelphia so they will be here for the celebrating this weekend! It is going to be a very "kid friendly / Hannah planned" baby shower. I believe there is even a pinata on the agenda. Hannah is going tomorrow with my friend to pick out the shower cake.
In preparation for this weekend, I ordered Hannah a trophy to give to her at the shower. The trophy reads: Hannah, The Most Patient Sister Ever! Love, Dad & Mom
Truly, our eldest daughter deserves some kind of trophy recognition for waiting HALF OF HER LIFE to be the big sister we have been promising her she will be!
Thursday, September 4, 2008
The email to top all other emails!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
OMG!! You are leaving!! I am so happy for you and can't wait to see Hannah in your arms!!
Opps. I meant Lily in your arms!! Of course I can't wait to see you with both your girls!!!
Yipppeeee!!!!!! I am so excited for you! We also have a September 22 Gotcha Day! What a great day it is going to be! It is going to come fast!!! Have fun getting ready!!!
I am just so excited for you guys!!! I cant belive it is time and in 19 days she will be in your arms!!! I cant wait!!
Are you taking Hannah?
Also, still planning on lunch on Wenesday. I need to give you the scoop on Changsha-- we totally loved it!!! Anyway, lets touch bases one more time before Wednesday :)
Debbie,
I thought about this as I was falling asleep last night, but do you have an ERGO or some sort of carrier to carry Lily around in. I bought an ERGO for our trip and used it the whole time. I could carry Mia around for hours and hours and my back was fine. If you recall, Kevin was on crutches in China so I had to carry Mia all by myself the whole time. The ERGO saved my life and I love it!!! I have not used it a ton since we have been home but it is amazing for bonding while in china. It is so good to carry them around in your arms-- they really get to know you well and they feel safe pushed up against you all the time. Anyway, I would highly suggest an ERGO as opposed to a BabyBijourn or other carriers. The ERGO is way way better and most people who adopt use the ergo-- check out RQ site-- Ergo is by far the favorite carrier. Anyway, If you would like to borrow mine while you are in china and even after, I would be happy to bring it to lunch next week. It is a tan one. Anyway, let me know!
Christy :
)
Deb -- So sorry that I cant be at your shower tomorrow! I will be thinking of you & a gift will be on its way soon ;) Love, Mir
Praise the Lord for this fantastic news!!! I can't wait to follow your journey!! You are in for such an amazing experience. No words can even begin to describe what September 22nd will truly be like!
ENJOY!
Diana
That is great news! I can't wait to follow your journey!
We are so excited for you. Our friends come home with their newest addition on Thursday...you'll be leaving a week later to go get your precious little girl! Yeah!
Post a Comment