As you can see my bag is packed and so is Lily's bag (Jim's is yet to be done but we still have time)!! I have size 3 Huggies Diapers, clothes in sizes from 6-9 months to 12 months, stacking cups and every other thing in between that Lily might need while we are camped out in China :-)!
I have packed 2 huge cans of formula. As many of you may have heard, there is a major problem in China right now with baby formula. Specifically, with the brand Sanlu formula. Yesterday, I heard from the mom that adopted her daughter in June from Lily's foster home. It turns out her daughter had been on the Sanlu brand formula that is now causing so many children to be sick in China. If her daughter was on Sanlu brand (it is the most popular in China) then most likely our sweet Lily has been drinking it as well. My heart stopped beating when I read her email. Please, please pray that our baby girl is healthy!! I emailed our China coordinator to try to find out how Lily is doing but she wasn't able to get much information except to confirm that this is the brand of formula she has been drinking because it was thought to be the most healthy. The whole thing for all of these sick children is so heartbreaking. So sad. Needless to say, my momma's heart kicked in gear and made me even more anxious to get to our Lily and be there for her. Of course I have to keep reminding myself: "be anxious for nothing..." Lily is in the arms of the Creator of the universe .... what should I fear??
Thank you to Ruby's mom, Diana, who sent me this beautiful message this morning:
"This is the day the Lord has Made, Let us rejoice and be Glad!!!!"
This is your day!!!!
I truly just won't believe this is all real until I buckle the seatbelt on the plane tonight. We are leaving for China!?!? We are going to China today!!!!! Did I just write this? Oh wow. Life is about to change big time. Can't wait to hold our beautiful girl & love on her for all the days of my life!!!
Thank you to everyone that is rejoicing with us -- for your prayers & well wishes. We will be flying from late, late tonight until Saturday evening (Sunday morning in China). We will be posting from China & Lord willing, we will post pictures of our beautiful girl on Monday for all of you to see!!!!!!!
All God's best --- :-)
Friday, September 19, 2008
R-E-A-D-Y, S-E-T, GO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
You're embarking on a trip of a lifetime. Have a wonderful time and can't wait to hear from you and sweet Lily Hope!
All our prayers and blessings to you. Godspeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will be watching and praying for you, Jim and Lily!! I can not wait to see you holding Lily for the first time-- in the same room we first held Mia. I wonder if susan ma will be your guide?? I will be watching.
Good luck and our prayers will be with you!!!
Christy :)
I just read your note to me!!! You are so sweet. As I type this you are in CHANGSHA!!!!!! Probably not sleeping!!! Take an ambien. You are getting your precious Lily tomorrow. WOOHOO!!!!!
I can't wait!
Blessings,
Diana (Ruby's Mom)
Post a Comment