
Today is anniversary day:
7 months since Lily arrived home from China
6 months since Hannah got our dog, Joy
5 months since Hannah was hospitalized for Aplastic Anemia.
I have to say it is very strange to be back in the exact same hospital room (#1302) that we were in 5 months ago today when Hannah came here for "bruising issues". What a whirlwind these past several months have been!!!
Hannah did test positive for C-Diff. This keeps us in the hospital until it is cleared up. Every day she gets tested so we will just have to see how long it takes for the C-Diff to leave her system.
Hannah & I slept until after 1pm today. The nurses couldn't believe it because I guess there was a lot of commotion in the hallway and we slept right through it all. That is what happens when you go to bed after 4am! Hannah slept with bright red lipstick on & woke up with make-up all over her sheets. She has been working on autograph pages for anyone that would like to receive her autograph - yes, I am serious! She got the idea from the Vanessa Hudgens autograph that she received. Hannah has signed her name on papers & wrote "All my love", just like Vanessa! I have a little Hollywood-star in the making here :-)
Lily is in San Diego with Aunt Kim, Uncle Kevin & Cousin Katie. Kim & Kevin are speaking at a marriage retreat & they took Katie & Lily with them so that Jim & I can be with Hannah and rest up this weekend. Thank you!! I know Lily is loving her time with Auntie & family!!!!! Katie is the best little 12 year old mommy ever! She carries Lily around like her very own baby .. it is so cute & Lily LOVES them all!!
I am really starting to wonder what the NIH will say next month when we go for Hannah's bone marrow biopsy. Not sure if they will recommend another round of the ATG treatment, chemotherapy or go straight for a bone marrow transplant. I guess the other option is to keep waiting but my gut feeling is that the ATG treatment Hannah got in December is not working enough to bring her into remission. I hope I am wrong ... but that is just my gut feeling.
OK -- blessings from Kaiser Fontana & thank you for all the prayers for my sweet Hannah to be healed!!! I am so thankful for all the caring, kind people that encourage us & sustain us on this journey. God has been so faithful to us!!
"Let us hold fast to the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who has promised is faithful. And let us consider how to provoke one another to love and good deeds ... encouraging one another." - Hebrews 10:24,25
Friday, May 1, 2009
Anniversary of Sorts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
We are praying for Hannah!!! What a day of many monthaversaries!!! Your family-- all of you are in our prayers.
Christy :)
I just noticed that Hannah is smiling her genuine, happy smile in every photograph on this page! Your girls are both amazing, resilient people (and so are their parents, come to think of it!) We love you all!!
C-Diff again? Oh dear! My heart goes out to you..but Hannah is very strong in spirit. The Lord will carry her through this. Any special prayers for you and your husband?
Please do keep us updated. I just learned that c-diff is resistant to purell and those sanatizing foams...so make sure everyone washes with soap and water! =)
Ask Hannah how much she's charging for those autographs! ;)
Love and prayers from Maryland,
Beth
My prayers are with you
Katrina
Post a Comment