Another photo from the prom ...

We have had a nice weekend at home doing a lot of "just hanging out" & catching up on some serious sleep. I have pretty much gone from one long sleep to the next!
Tomorrow morning Hannah & I go to the clinic for her to get transfusions. For sure, platelets & most likely red blood cells. The clinic is only open for 1/2 a day so we might get admitted to the hospital for the afternoon so we can finish the transfusions over there. I know Hannah is not looking forward to her port getting accessed. As soon as she sees the "blood return" from her port I know she will feel a huge sense of relief & be able to relax for the rest of the day.
The only store we went to all weekend was Target. Tonight while we were walking out of the store, out of no where, Hannah said, "I have hope that the ATG Horse is going to work ... because it worked for A.J." A.J is a boy on the East Coast that has been fighting Aplastic Anemia but he is much further down the road to recovery even though he had his ATG treatment after Hannah.
It is amazing how conversations about Hannah's illness come up at such different times ... it is not like we sit down to have official conversations. Instead, Aplastic Anemia comes up in brief discussions at various times -- like in the parking lot at Target. It is in those little moments of conversation that I can encourage Hannah's heart on her journey with Aplastic Anemia.
Really, it is all of our journey ...we all have been changed by this disease & she far from alone in the struggle against Aplastic Anemia.
For today, I am thankful for hope; hope that Hannah feels & hope that there will be a day of no more tears & no more pain.
"Blessed is the man who fears the Lord ... He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. His heart is secure, he will have no fear;" Psalm 112:1a,7-8a
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
This Weekend
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
i LOVE that photo of Hannah!! What a beauty!! (As grandpa would say!)
Post a Comment