Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Getting Closer to Going Home

Starting today, Hannah went on a clear liquid diet. She is not having pain in her intestines so we are hoping all is well in the intestines & we will be cleared to go home either tomorrow (Wed) or Thursday. We are SO hopeful to get back home this week! Tomorrow is 2 weeks since we entered the hospital for this visit.

My mom & I went to City of Hope today with Lily to see Chance & his mom, Virgina. He had his bone marrow transplant today -- what a miracle!! City of Hope is just beautiful & I felt so good knowing we'd be going to such an awesome place if it comes to Hannah getting a bone marrow transplant.

I slept at home last night while my mom camped out with Hannah ... thank you, Mom!!! What a treat to be at home at least one night during this hospital admission :-) I enjoyed rocking Lily to sleep & playing with her today. She was so sweet .. like usual! She enjoys getting us to laugh & especially laughing at herself. She is one very funny little girl! She goes seamlessly from our house to Aunt Kim's. When she leaves us she waves goodbye & when she leaves Kim's she waves goodbye.

I am very tired emotionally & realizing that most likely this ATG treatment did not work. It is just so disappointing to be thinking about other options.  I was just so hopeful that this first round of ATG would work. God knows so I am comforted by that but my heart just break at the thought of Hannah having to endure a long road to recovery or any suffering at all!

Please pray for Hannah's body to remain infection free & for her to respond to this first round of ATG (it is still not too late!) and for our hearts to be directed by the Lord for what should be the next steps.

Thank you, to so many, that have emailed me with verses or messages. I am so grateful & very encouraged to know that so many people are lifting up our Hannah & our entire family!

All God's Best from Kaiser Fontana -- :-)

2 comments:

Donna said...

Hi Debbie,
You and your precious family are amazing. Hannah is an incredible child with an incredible mom and dad. You all are in our prayers and I check your blog regularly to keep up on all the latest. Hang in there....God has a plan.....he really does. I know you know that. :) Give Hannah XOXOXO's form the Waters' clan.

Anonymous said...

The day you posted this was my 15th birthday!
~Sarah