Sunday, May 3, 2009

Update on Hannah & Chance's Party

This morning, Saturday, Hannah woke up with a lot of pain in her tummy. Yesterday she was on clear liquids but the doctor said she could have crackers & toast in the evening. She had both & immediately after the toast, she started to have pain in her abdomen. Today I met with another GI doctor & he showed me the CT Scan pictures of Hannah's colon. Her colon is very swollen. It is not blocked & has not been punctured but it didn't look pretty, if a colon can look "pretty". The GI doctor recommended that we add another anti-biotic (that she'd been taken off of) and that we keep her off all foods & liquids for some time. I asked him how long he thought we'd be here & he said we might have to do a couple of rounds of anti-biotics. Each round is 10 - 14 days. Needless to say, I stopped at Walmart to pick up some more craft project stuff for Hannah to do while we are here. She keeps herself VERY busy -- doing her make-up, making crafts, playing teacher to her dolls & talking to all the nurses. Her spirits are very good & today when I told her I thought we'd be here for more than a few days, she said good because she feels safe here & knows they are taking good care of her. Wow - I am so thankful that she feels that way!!!!!!! I would be beside myself if she was crying & begging to go home.

Today Jim & I got away for a bit to attend Chance's amazing birthday party (we had a great babysitter come & hang out with Hannah while we were gone). It was also a celebration for his younger brother, Andrew, who will turn 9 while Chance & his parents are at City of Hope for his bone marrow transplant. Chance & Andrew were so excited to see so many people there & to enjoy the many, many special things that were donated or purchased through the funds that were raised here on this site ... again, THANK YOU KIND GENEROUS PEOPLE FROM THIS BLOG THAT DONATED!!!!!!!!!! There was a bouncy house (with big boxing gloves for all the boys), popcorn machine, snow cone machine, margarita machine, boxing ring cake, magician, face painter, live band & awesome food!!!! It was a day that will never be forgotten & I can't think of a better way for Chance to spend his last day at home before his trip to City of Hope. Thank you to Margarita Momma in Murrietta that donated the machine & the ingredients. Thank you to Estrada's Mexican Restaurant in Escondido that provided all of the amazing food for dinner (Kim, you missed the best beans EVER!). Thank you to Homemade Cakes by Carmen for donating the beautiful boxing ring cake - the boys loved it!!! If you live locally & need an awesome cake, call Carmen: 909-593-4769

THE CAKE


SURPRISE!!



MAGICIAN



HANNAH MAKING BRACELETS


ME & JACOB'S MOM, MELISA. MAKING THE BEST OF OUR LIVES AT THE HOSPITAL!



I am off to bed. Hannah is sound asleep & looking so cute. She was tired early tonight, so I have enjoyed some "alone" time here in our room. My mom arrives tomorrow ... and Lily gets back from San Diego! Katie has texted me some adorable pictures of Lily in the pool at the hotel & hanging out on her weekend away in San Diego. I guess you know the true state of your life when your 19 month old gets away more than you do!!! :-)

All God's best!

No comments: