Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A New Day .. A New Door


Today has been better. Thank you for all the kind comments, prayers, love & hugs from a far. I am so grateful.

Hannah has still been tired. She isn't the same "tap dancing patient" she was during the last admissions but she is still in good spirits - just more mellow.

We had a good day with our rockin' nurses taking such great care of us today -- thank you, Maria & Taralyn! Lily came to visit ... sweet little thing is just soooo adorable! That girl brings joy & happiness every where she goes. Joy & happiness are Lily's gift. Tomorrow I am going to leave for several hours to be with Lily & just pretend for a bit that "life is normal". Lily truly is my therapy through all of this. I don't know what I would do if we were still waiting for our Lily from China. God planned her with such perfect timing.. thank you, Lord!!!

I left a message today for the CEO of Kaiser Fontana. Why not go straight to the top when you aren't getting the results you want, right?! He called me back about 2 hours later & was very appreciative for my message -- yeah!! He said he would work on it & have something resolved as soon as possible. About 2 hours later I had a knock on the door -- it was an administrator informing me that the policy is now changed so that we can hang things on the door as long as they are laminated. Jim went straight to Kinko's & got busy laminating a few things :-)

My nephew's pre-op appointment went very well today. It appears that it will be a minor surgery tomorrow but we won't for sure until the pathologist looks at the tumor under the microscope. David was in on the pre-op appointment with the doctor & of course the word cancer came up ... understandably, it has really made him very nervous for tomorrow. My heart is so heavy for my sister & wish I could be there with her right now. If this wasn't all going on with Hannah, I am sure I would have been on a plane this week, just to be there, even if it turns out to be nothing. Love you, Raych & praying for precious David!!!! You all are on our hearts from here at Camp Hannah Room #1302!!!

All God's best -

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Aunt Debbie!
That is good that you were able to put things on the door! I am so happy for you! I love you,
Sarah Anne
P.S. I have an acting class on Saturday! Whoooo!

Samaniego be strong & courageous said...

Hi you, YOU GO GIRL!!! I have to remember that, LAMINATED!! I hope things only get better, we know they will and you will have more long stays at home :O)

Remember I am here for you if need me.

My prayers are with you,
Melisa
www.caringbridge.org/visit/jacobshope

Anonymous said...

A relative linked me to your blog and asked us to pray for you. I sat down with my kids this morning and we prayed (they are great prayer warriors). The only thing the Lord kept bringing to my mind today was "He is our Peace." So in the midst of the craziness and the trials, I pray that Jesus will be your Peace.