Hannah is doing ok but tonight is the fourth night in a row that she has asked to go to bed around 11pm. The first two nights I was very grateful for the "alone time" but last night I got really upset because I can see her body starting to get more & more tired from her illness. I have to think that after 5 months of low numbers her body is just exhausted from working overtime pumping oxygen through her body, fighting infections & clotting blood.
I have been so emotional today.
No, actually I have been a basket case.
My head hurts from the crying & my lack of sleep.
Jim & I talked about the next step & what kind treatment path to take. We are scheduled for a follow up visit at the NIH on June 15th, our 13 year anniversary, of all days. Honestly, there are not a lot of options but we are going to look into every possibility before we make a firm decision on what to do for Hannah. I think we are all realizing that most likely this first ATG treatment is not going to do the job for remission. Of course we are hoping & praying it will but we are gearing up for the next stage of what might be on this journey of Aplastic Anemia.
On a totally separate note -- my sweet 12 year old nephew has a pre-op appointment tomorrow for surgery that he will have on Thursday to remove a tumor. This whole thing with him is totally out of the nowhere (don't I know about that!!). I feel so bad for my mom who is out here to support us & now she is away from my sister, Rachel, in Philadelphia while she goes through this week of emotional hell. Please pray for my sweet nephew David & for my sister's family: Rachel, Gordon, David (12) & Sarah (14). David has Type I Diabetes & truly is the most tender-hearted pre-teen guy out there.
It has just blown my mind how the Lord has blessed us on this difficult journey. Tonight I had so many encouraging emails ... thank you, dear friends .. I also had this prayer that my college roommate.
"Lord, I just pray for Deb and her precious family right now. They are so precious to so many of us and I ask for your mercy on Hannah's little body. Please restore her, heal her and revive her body. I know you are more than capable and I make that request to you now. Lord, please provide Jim and Deb with the strength they need -- physical, mental and spiritual and may those around them fill in the gaps. God, you are so amazing and your love is unending. I ask that you provide little blessings for Deb this very day as she watches over Hannah. Blessings of encouragement and strength, peace, comfort and inner joy that only you can provide. We love you Lord, and may you give us all what we are lacking -- you make us whole. Protect my friend and her family. I love you Lord and I praise your name, Amen."
Thank you, Lord, for the prayers of so many! Thank you for the reminder tonight that YOU ARE GOOD. This situation is not good but YOU ARE GOOD.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Just a Rough Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Debbie,
My heart is so heavy reading you post this morning.
Last night, before I went to bed I clicked on Bible Gateway to get the verse of the day. Philippians 4:6-7 popped up. I pray that for you today Deb. I pray that the peace that only God can give you will be with you today!
Hugs,
Diana
Debbie,
I am so sad that Hannah's bone marrow is still on vacation! I know you are ready for this to be all over. You and Hannah will remain in every one of my prayers.
I'm so sorry Deb. Continuing to pray for mercy!
Debbie,
My prayers are with you and your family for a full recovery for Hannah. I hope you can feel the peace and love that is being sent to you by many people today.
Jean
Debbie,
you are all in my thoughts and prayers. Love & hugs, Inge
Debbie,
This is so, so hard. Sometimes I feel like there are no answers...and yet we wait.
I know you've heard this song, but really focus in on the lyrics--let them seep into your skin. This has given me strength many a time.
"I was sure by now
God, You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say "Amen", and it's still raining "
"As the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with You"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away"
"I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
Every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm "
"I remember when
I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry
You raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can't find You "
"I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The Maker of Heaven and Earth "
Praise you In This Storm
- Casting Crowns
My heart aches for you, so I'll say an extra special prayer for you tonight.
Blessings and hope from Maryland,
~Beth
Post a Comment