Tuesday, August 11, 2009

One Year Ago Today



Hard to believe that it was one year ago today that we drove with Hannah to the adoption agency to pick up these priceless pictures of our much anticipated referral for Lily!! You can see the tape on these pictures -- tape from some bureaucrat in China that had no idea their hand was being moved by the hand of God to place this precious girl into our family forever. She was planned before the beginning of time to be an Eriksen-girl ... and we wouldn't have it any other way!!
Lily - seeing your face was a priceless moment. Your smile literally took my breath away & I could NOT BELIEVE YOU WERE OUR DAUGHTER!!!!
Last year at this time I envisioned us celebrating this most memorable day with you today. Although we aren't together, I know when Hannah is healed, this time apart will be a blurr. A blurr of time when, thank the Lord, all you experience is love, love, love! I thank God each day for Aunt Kim, Uncle Kevin & cousins who are loving on you 24/7 & telling you how much we love you! Tonight at dinner, I heard the song "Little Wonders" by Rob Thomas .. of course, I thought of you.
You are a dream come true.
I love you always & can't wait to see you soon when Hannah's "owa" is doing better!



















3 comments:

Miriam said...

i remember that picture and the sweet video when you saw her and Hannah was eating her lolipop and said "she's cute!" that was just the best!!

Miriam said...

i remember that picture and the sweet video when you saw her and Hannah was eating her lolipop and said "she's cute!" that was just the best!!

DiJo said...

She still has the cutest referral pictures ever!!!!
Happy Anniversary! I wish things could be different for all of you. God has blessed you with perseverance Debbie! And, such a beautiful heart!

Praying for you!

~Diana