Sunday, August 2, 2009

Turning the Corner

Hannah is doing SO MUCH better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you, Lord!!!!!!!!

Tonight I feel what it must have felt like for Lazarus' family when Jesus raised him from the dead. I am not even kidding. She has been in the room this past week but her spirit has been far from the room with us & she has been so incredibly sick. It is just a miracle to see her eating, watching TV, laughing, smiling & talking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is truly coming back to herself.

"Welcome Back, Hannah" ... we have sure missed you this past week!!!! I hope this is the last big hurdle before you are back to your healthy normal little self again!!!

Still working on blood pressure issues, breathing stuff & fluid retention but things are definitely getting a lot better.

What a gift ... just to see Hannah smile tonight is such an incredible gift!!!!!!!

If your kids are healthy ... even if they are messy & driving you a bit crazy, just give thanks for their health. Health is a gift that no amount of money can ever buy.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news! We just finished praying for Hannah and I will tell Andrew in the morning that she is doing much better. Thank you for all your updates. We are praying for you too and your entire family. So glad Rachel is there with you. We will continue to pray. Also, your words are so true. We need to thank God each day for good health. It is a gift.
With much love,
Stephanie and family

Beth Burgess said...

Hi Debbie.

I sent you an email, but I guess you might not get that...since your computer is down.

I'm so incredibly happy to hear about Hannah's current status. She has restored my faith in the power of prayer. I've been praying with extra fervor, for Hannah this week...and especially the past couple of days, as has my small group, email buddies, many facebook friends, and my church.

I am so, so happy she's feeling better.

Wish I could give you a "hug of victory!"

God bless,
Beth

PS--we all want to know how we can meet your needs. please let me know if there's ever anything I or we can do. ;)

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! We are so excited to hear that prayers are being answered. We are still praying for miracles. Love you all, and we are so glad to hear that the real Hannah is back!
Kristi, Jeremy, Ethan and Taylor Gestl

DiJo said...

Praise the Lord!!! Yay Hannah! You go girl!!!

Hugs from MN!
Diana

Samaniego be strong & courageous said...

I am sooooooooooo happy to see that Hannah is starting to feel so much better!!!! Now you can take a deep breath Debbie. My prayers are always with you guys.
Miss you guys!
Melisa
http://www.jacobshope.blogspot.com/
www.caringbridge.org/visit/jacobshope

Anonymous said...

Dear Debbie,
Just felt really burdened to pray for Jim this morning as well. I am sure it's so hard for him to go to work each day knowing all that you and Hannah are going through in Maryland. Praying for protection and strength for all of you while you are apart.

With love,
Stephanie

morgan said...

YAY!!!!!! Im so glad that your feeling better!!! Hopefully you will be able to get out of the hospital soon. You are one tough girl!!
Morgan

Anonymous said...

That is GREAT news Debbie!

Uncle Eddie

Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL! It is so great to hear the good news! Praise God! You are incredibly right about good health...couldn't have said it better. We are praying daily!!! Hang in there :~)

~Matt and Amy Wilson (Huntington, IN)

Kim said...

>>>If your kids are healthy ... even if they are messy & driving you a bit crazy, just give thanks for their health. Health is a gift that no amount of money can ever buy.<<<

Amen, Debbie. Hannah is always in my prayers.

I have a nephew who will eventually be getting a BMT (he has a rare leukemia - rare for a kid, normally 50 year old men get it!).