No, I am not practicing for the "one handed typing championships" ---- I dislocated my left shoulder.
You read it right: I DISLOCATED MY SHOULDER!!!!!!
It happened on the drive last night from NIH to Philadelphia. I was in the front passenger seat of the car next to my mom. I put my arm on the back of her seat & looked back at Hannah in the back seat. Within one second I was yelling in pain because my shoulder had dislocated. Yes, just what we needed on the drive from the NIH hospital was a stop at another hospital ... why not, right? I dislocated this shoulder back in December of 2007 so I guess it is prone to dislocation. Fortunately we were only one exit away from Christiana Hospital in Newark, Delaware. Even though the hospital was extremely busy one of the nurses had compassion on me and took me back right away to start an IV with pain meds. We were in and out of there in just over 2 hours -- paperwork, pain meds, two trips to x-ray & a doctor putting my shoulder back where it belongs. Amazing that we got in and out so fast considering the place was packed with patients.
There are no words to describe the pain of a dislocated joint .... I gave birth to Hannah without an epidural (not intentionally) and the pain of her 9lb body didn't even come close to being an ounce of the pain of my dislocated shoulder. Truly.
I now have some awesome meds & a sling for my arm. I could swear I heard something tear so I will probably need surgery at some point --- why not, right? I do like to familiarize myself with all parts of the hospital. Ha.Ha.Ha.
Jim, Hannah and I are all camped out at grandma's and grandpa's and Hannah is doing great! We go back to the clinic on Friday for follow-up.
All God's Best.
Saturday, August 8, 2009
Typing With One Hand
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Oh Debbie, I'm so sorry! I can't imagine how overwhelming this whole situation must be, and now dealing with a dislocated shoulder. I will pray for your healing now as well as Hannah's. Much love to you and your family!
Erika
So sorry to hear that!!! And I am glad you received such prompt treatment. Take care of the shoulder and the pain. Great news about Hannah feeling better! She is soooo resilient! Thank you God!
Love, Inge
i said enough already... was I misunderstood?? Debbie, that is ridiculous. i just gave birth medication-free and have never experienced such pain and cant imagine anything more painful so dislocating your shoulder must be really horrible! so now really God, enough already!! dianeu! (however you spell that)
Miriam mentioned on FB what happened. We have been praying for you. So glad to hear the nurses got you in and out of the hospital. ENJOY your time at your parents' home with Jim and Hannah. You so deserve it! :) We are praying for your family daily.
With love,
Stephanie and fam
Debbie,
You are an amazingly strong family! You will endure, by the grace of God!
We are continuing to pray for healing and strength you all!
<3 Deb
DON'T break a leg...
;)
Love from Maryland,
Beth
Post a Comment