Sunday, April 5, 2009

Easter Party

Yesterday we all attended an Easter party in the morning for cancer kids & critically ill children. Hannah was so excited for the party -- she dressed up with a tiara, curled hair & make-up. Yes, my 7 year old was wearing make-up!? I know. I know........but really, who really cares?!?! Hannah got to make an Easter basket, eat an awesome lunch with baked beans (her favorite) & play games. She even won a raffle -- a $100 gift card to Walmart!! One of our friends from the clinic, Morgan, won 5 tickets to an upcoming Taylor Swift concert. I was so excited for Morgan, you would have thought that I had won the tickets. The party was put on by a non-profit organization, Adonai, that coordinates events to encourage families with critically ill children. They are an incredible group & God is truly using them to encourage so many families. I was just blown away by all the volunteers that went out of their way to make all of the kids (and families) feel comfortable, loved & welcomed. What a gift those volunteers gave to us yesterday! Hannah & I even discussed going back when she is all better to help. What a joy that will be one day to go as a volunteer!!! The next event coming up is a Prom! Our entire family will get to go to the prom. There are even dresses available so that everyone can come dressed in formal attire. I am thinking to maybe rent a limo for the prom. Hannah's dream is to ride in a limo ... so maybe the prom would be a good time for that.

Jim is out of town tonight so it is just me & the girls. Lily went to sleep around 7pm & Hannah is already snoring away here right next to me ... so much for us enjoying the Country Music Awards together :-)!

Please continue to pray for Hannah's bone marrow to come back. Progress is very slow & we know this road to recovery is long. I know so many people are praying for Hannah .. it just overwhelms me when I keep hearing of more & more people that are praying for her health. Thank you!!! We are coming up this week on one month being home from the hospital ... thank you, thank you, thank you, Lord!! I am so grateful for all things normal - the laundry, the dishes, the dog hair on the tile & the beds that need to be made!!! Who knew? On Tuesday we will be at the clinic to see what Hannah's numbers are & potentially get transfusions.

1 comment:

stephanie said...

Sounds like everyone had a great time - much deserved!! So happy to hear Hannah is feeling better! Think of you often.
Love from NJ, Steph