Update: We have 4 online donors via Chipin & 2 people that are mailing checks –6 donors so far!! Thank you! For some reason the Chipin widget on the blog is not updating but a huge thank you to our 1st online donors: Suzanne, Marsha, Elaine, Connie and those that are sending checks: Sandra & Claudia. Thank you so much for your support!!!
If you have been reading my blog for any length of time, I hope you know that from the bottom of my heart, I love to help others. Really.
During this trial of Hannah's illness we have made many friends at the hospital. One wonderful friend, that I have talked about, is 10 year old Chance. He is one very, very special boy!
His mom is trying to pull off a huge surprise party on May 2nd for Chance. He turns 11 on May 1st & checks in to the City of Hope for a bone marrow transplant on May 3rd.
Nothing could be more precious than to spend the day before Chance goes to City of Hope with his friends & family - celebrating his awesome life with bouncy house, magician, cake & fun, fun, fun!! I know most that follow my blog, don't know Chance but I am asking for some of us to pull together and Pay it Forward for this very special boy.
I can't imagine what I will be doing with Hannah the day before should we have to check into City of Hope for a bone marrow transplant -- but if my dream would be a birthday party the day before her admission, I would hope that friends & kind strangers would help me achieve that dream day for her. What would you plan for your child the day before a bone marrow transplant? I am sure most of us can't even begin to imagine.
Without being asked, I am raising funds for this super surprise party. The unexpected out-of-pocket expenses can be unbearable during a health crisis like this (as I know many of you also know!), so I am trying to help with this party by reaching out to my blog friends to help offset the costs of this party. All donations will go directly to Virginia, Chance's mom, to cover party expenses.
I know times are tough .... so please, no pressure at all....and if you are completely offended by this plea for help, so sorry.
You can donate via the "CHIPIN" on the right side of this page ... who will be the first to donate!?!? You can also send a check to the PO Box address.
Again, no pressure but let's have fun Paying It Forward for this awesome boy!!!!!!!!!!!
Monday, April 20, 2009
Pay It Forward for Chance
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment