
First, let me say, THANK YOU!!!!! I am so thankful for the outpouring of support that I have seen from the followers of this blog for my friend, Chance!! I should have the "CHIPIN" widget on the blog fixed by Thursday so it should finally show the online donations (currently at $185!!). I also have a few that are sending checks so I don't know those amounts just yet. In advance, THANK YOU!!!! I am just blown away by the care & love of friends & kind strangers. Amazing.
Today was a great day -- just hanging out at home. Lily tried on her bikini for the first time & had fun playing in her purple plastic pool in the backyard. At first in her bikini, she was very fascinated by her tummy "sticking out" ... you should have seen her looking at her tummy in the mirror. She looked totally amazed at herself. She loved the pool & sat "squat-style" the entire time while playing with her toys & the water. Hannah danced in the backyard with the hose & had a lot of fun just being HOME. Not to mention that Hannah had a lot more energy since she got much needed red blood cells & platelets yesterday at the clinic.
After pool time, it was time for Lily to take a nap. While I was upstairs with her, Hannah got my camera & made this video on my camera. It is her "Aplastic Anemia Journey" story. She did this ALL ON HER OWN!!! She also took a bunch of pictures of herself ... some of which I will post on her Caringbridge page (hilarious stuff). In the beginning of her video it almost sounds like she is reading some kind of script. This girl has seriously been watching too much of "Mystery Diagnosis"!!! Excuse the very rough footage.
If you want to hear the beginning of Hannah's Aplastic Anemia journey from her point of view ... here you go! Enjoy this video my sweet girl :-)
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Hannah with the Camera
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
How wonderfully insightful! I am sure that articulating the journey makes it somewhat easier to understand the process.
God bless Hannah
That was heartbreaking and adorable. NO child should have to go through all of what Hannah (and the others you have met) have went and are still going through. The Chuckie Cheese part made me laugh.
You have a VERY special little girl!!!
Oh, Lily is so adorable and stinkin' cute in her new bikini. I remember my daughter one day when she was exploring her toes and hands like she has never seen it before.
I'm happy to hear that Hannah is doing better and better each day. Slow but improving, Thank GOD!
Hope for more and more "normal" days at home.
Hugs!
That was cute to see her view on the beginning of her journey. I don't know if I could be as brave as she has been through all of this. Carissa loves her bewwy also!!
That was so sweet. I love that video and hearing it from her perspective. It is heartwarming but also sad that she has had to endure all that-- but clearly she is a tough little cookie and what a fighter!!
Hay, call me soon about the clothes. I have a load for you.
Christy :)
That brought tears to my eyes.
Post a Comment