Wednesday, March 25, 2009

13 Days & Counting ...

This is the longest we have all been home since Hannah got sick on December 1st. I am really getting very used to JUST BEING HOME!!!!!!!!

Hannah had a great, fantastic, wonderful sleep over at her friend's house. Thank you, Alyssa, for being such a dear friend to Hannah!!

My mom took Hannah to the clinic yesterday (Tuesday) for Hannah to get platelets. The nurse was going to use her PIC line but when they tried the lines, neither PIC would work!? So, Hannah had numbing cream placed on the area of her port & she had to have her port accessed for the first time in a few weeks. My mom said she did so great & was so brave!! It was not without tears but Hannah did really, really well & held perfectly still when it was time for the needle to be put in her port. Thank you, Lord, for my precious girl!

I went to bed at 7pm tonight & just woke up. The past few nights Lily has been waking up in the middle of the night. I know it is just teething issues but all our "late night" parties have made me very tired. Ironically, I am awake now & she is sound asleep.

We had a very special delivery today from "Be Better Bunny". Hannah has been getting post cards for weeks from "Be Better Bunny" ... & today, she arrived via FED EX! This bunny from Build a Bear is like no other... she is totally dressed up like a patient with many medical details beyond what you can buy at the store PLUS there is an IV pole added to the wheelchair for the bunny with filled IV bags ... very much like what Hannah had in the hospital. Too adorable!!! Tomorrow I will try to post some pictures! Jeanne, your creativity is just amazing!! Thank you so much for all your thoughtfulness & also for Lily's bunny - she loves it!

Wednesday morning I go to the dentist because my teeth are basically starting to fall out. I thought I had something stuck in one of my teeth -- but no -- it was part of my filling had fallen out so I was feeling the jagged edge of the lost filling. Lovely, I know. I lived in the Ukraine years ago, so I am thankful that I have been referred to a great dentist that will not be offering gold fillings.

Of course, gold is Hannah's favorite color ...

1 comment:

Executive Director, Pomona New Community said...

Hi Debbie,
So happy to hear the good news of staying out of the hospital! Yoo-hoo! I had to smile about Hannah and her port. When our son John "lived" in the hospital all those years ago (praise God, they did come to an end), he got so good with the needles that he would be instructing the nurses! He would show them where the best veins were and watch as they put lines in. (He had bad veins, so he became his own expert!) Such a blessing, really, as it gives her that feeling that she has some control over her situation. So good Grandma could help out, too!