Friday, March 6, 2009

Wondering the Plan

I keep thinking "what is the plan?" ... "when is Hannah getting out of here?". This week especially. I think I am just so D-O-N-E with this hospital stay. As I wonder about the plan, the Lord constantly brings to my mind the verse from Jeremiah that I love -- "For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you & not to harm you, plans to give you hope & a future."

So I am focusing on that & just trusting the good plans the Lord has for us even though there is a big part of me that just wants a "road map" for the next several months (don't we all want that!?).

So, I am home this weekend. Hannah didn't have the luxury of packing up her stuff to come home for the weekend & just get away from all things hospital. Poor thing but she is such a trouper through all of this!! She had an ultrasound tonight so hopefully tomorrow we will know some more about her intestines. Aunt Kim was there while they did the ultrasound so I don't know how it went (since I was home sound asleep all evening!!).

Yesterday (Thursday) was the dreaded "needle change day" -- it happens once a week for the needle in her port. Hannah is such a smart cookie ... just before we were going to take out the needle she asked if they could now just use her pic line since she has a double PIC line (in her arm). And, yes, because they have cut back on so many of the anti-biotics, they were able to just use the line in her arm & didn't have to access the port in her chest.

For the first time in over a month Hannah slept on her stomach (which she has not been able to do because of the needle in her port). She said it was the best night of sleep ever!! So cute! The past 2 nights we have slept in the same bed together. Although it has not been the most comfortable sleep of my life (to say the least), I love listening to her breath as I go to sleep & being that close to my sweet girl. She is such a treasure & I am so privileged to be her Mom!

And to Aunt Kim, who is at the hospital tonight with Hannah-Hannah. I love that you love my girls like they are your own & I truly thank God each day for the gift of YOU!

All God's best from mi casa --

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Debbie, I am up late. Shouldnt be up but am. Just finished the dishes. I got to thinking out Hannah was doing so checked the blog. I dont know if your up but I felt compelled to write to you. I just want you to know that in the times Im able I think about you and Jim and Hannah and pray for you. For Health, Peace. I also wanted to say embrace your new life. Use it to Gods advantage. He has put you here, You can bear it but you can be used. This journey may not have an ending soon, just many small or large chapters. But as you wrote, GOD knows. I pray for strength for you and Jim as you are there giving Hannah strength. One of my favorite verses when Im stressed. Phil 4:4-7. Miss you guys. Hi Hannah, take care and tease the nurses for me. Mike Luber.

Unknown said...

Dear Debbie,

Dont know if youll be up reading this but felt compelled to write to you after reading updates on Hannah. Im up too late and just finished dishes. Just wanted you and Jim to know were praying for you. I wanted to support you as you struggle to wait. Ive felt that lately too for differant reasons. But also to say, embrace this new life God has given you. This is a place where God needs people who can relate to those he wants to hear about him. People in the hospital are ripe for God. But you already know that. Hannah I sure just needs to come out of her shell alittle and lose her shyness Ive heard about. LOL. Hannah, be Gods servant. You can talk to other little kids and understand how they feel. Im a nurse but I CAN NOT relate the way you can. Ill pray for your recovery and hope you come home soon. But more so for strength, confidence and openings for God to use all of you. Be Bold. I dont know why I felt that but I said it. Miss you Deb and Jim. Hope to see you all in class soon. Mike luber and Julie and Kids.

Carrie Mercer said...

It's just fine to be DONE! 1/4000th of a woman would have been done months ago. We're here Deb. We all love you and are continuously praying.