Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Liquid Diet

Hannah started on a liquid diet yesterday (Tuesday). She had jello, broth & juice!!! Her tummy seems to be handling things ok -- she hasn't had pain, so that is a great sign!! She was so excited for a food tray to be delivered & even made a video for "blog-land" of her eating her first meal. I will have to upload the video once I get home (for some reason I can't upload video here at the hospital).

Hannah's white blood cell numbers are lower than they have been in the past few weeks so we are going to talk with the dr. today to see what she thinks. I know "up & down" numbers are just part of this road to recovery but it was discouraging to see her wbc back at 1.1 again.

I have been a sleeping maniac from a muscle relaxer I have been taking for back pain. The back pain is from the bed here at the hospital. The muscle relaxer has helped but wow, have I been wasted! Hannah has been very sweet to me ... asking how I am feeling, etc. So cute!!

Hannah's spirits are really good. She was up almost all night last night -- watching movies & coloring with pastels while I was "passed out" next to her in the bed.

All in all things are good ... just still waiting & being patient for this ATG treatment to kick in. Time for the bone marrow to wake up!!!

All God's best from Suite #1303 @ Kaiser Fontana --

5 comments:

Fagel said...

Thank you so much for your faithful posting, Debbie. I don't comment often, but you are still a permanent tab and I check every day, give the report at dinner and we all pray. Jesse now prays without reminders for Hannah. We love you all.

Fagel said...

Thank you so much for your faithful posting, Debbie. I don't leave many comments but you are still a permanent tab on my computer. I check in daily and report progress to Lee and Jesse. Jesse actually remembers to pray for Hannah even without my updates! We love you all. Fagel

Miriam said...

SO HAPPY she is on a liquid diet! Gr8 news that her body is recovering from that! Praying always! Love, Mir

The Fab 5 said...

What wonderful news!!! Can't wait for the video!!
Honestly I do not know how you have done this and kept such a wonderful spirit through it all. Our daughter spent 2 nights in the hospital this week and all I could think about was you being there for all this time. I will pray for you along with Hannah. I will pray for your back I can only imagine ours were aching after 2 nights. I will also pray for you just handling everything that has been thrown your way. It is such a reality check to have a child in the hospital, I will add some extra prayers for you. Hang in there God is almost finished with one project in Hannah's story and I have a feeling he is going to make a big change soon!!!

Erika said...

What wonderful news! I'm so glad she can start eating again, even just a liquid diet. It must seem like a feast to her! I'm looking forward to hanging out again tomorrow. I'll plan on noon unless I hear otherwise. (Call my cell 'cause I'll be out all morning)