

The picture of Hannah & Lily together in the hospital bed is one of my absolute favorites ... so sweet how they are looking at each other. Just a priceless snapshot.
Hannah's numbers were very low today - her ANC was 243 (wbc .8) so today she got Nupegin. Tonight she had HORRIBLE pain in her legs (from the Nupegin). Around 8:20 she started screaming at the top of her lungs in terrible pain. It lasted for a few minutes until the nurse could get the morphine & get it into Hannah's line. Oy ... what a few minutes that was!!!! I felt so bad for Hannah. Twice again tonight she has had to have morphine .. basically every 2 hours for her leg pain.
Good news: Hannah is not having any stomach pain (thank you, Lord!!!!) & her diet was advanced to full liquids (versus clear liquids the past few days) and lactose-free soft products (pudding, etc). Also, the GI doctor cut down her IV nutrition to just 12 hours a day vs. 24/7 that she has been getting for the past 4+ weeks. He also mentioned that this might be the week for going home ... I think I heard him say Thursday but I was so excited maybe he said Wednesday ... maybe it was Tuesday?! Nah. Who knows!?! Anyway, I think we might actually break out of this joint some time soon .. I am so, so, so, so, so ready to G-O!!!!!!!!!!!
Both dogs are in "foster care" with neighbors until Hannah is well ... or until our neighbors totally hate us! Thank you Chuck & Debi - just call us when you can't take it anymore but pleeeaaassee know how totally thankful we are!!! It was just too much for us to handle right now .. some days just remembering to get the mail is too much.
Today Hannah had some special visitors ... my good friend from Palm Springs, Brigitte came to visit and brought loads of gifts. Thank you to her precious Kayla for being so generous to Hannah!! Brig - it was sooo great to see you!!! You are such a cherished friend!! This afternoon, Cheryl & her daughter, Lindsay came to visit. They enjoyed painting nails, doing a bit of art & watching movies. They all also babysat Lily while Jim & I met with the Chief of Pediatrics to discuss our issues we are having with one of the doctors. It was a good meeting with the Chief & I think our request will be honored. Thanks Cheryl & Linds .. so great to see you -- we love you!!!
Lily slept over Sunday night & spent all day Monday with Hannah & I here at the hospital. I was going to have Lily go home with Jim or to Aunt Kim's tonight but Hannah really wanted her to stay again .... so here I am camped out with the 2 precious girls. Hannah is still awake doing artwork for the patients across the hall (yes, she is the in-house artist). Lily went to sleep around 10pm ... and is snoozing away in the pack & play next to Hannah.
PS -- I could have sworn it was Tuesday night & I completely panicked that we missed American Idol. It was a moment of real panic. Gosh, that sure is telling of our social calendar these days!!!
And in advance of tomorrow night: VOTE ANOOP!!!VOTE ANOOP!!!!VOTE ANOOP!!!!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Trust in him at all times; pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us." Psalm 62:8
"When I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid." Psalm 56:3
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Monday in Fontana ... Week #5?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Cute, cute, cute pictures! I'm glad that Hannah's tummy is feeling better but I wish her legs would stop acting up! I'm looking forward to a visit with Hannah this week but I'll call first to see if I should head to the hospital or your house! How exciting!
Yay! Soft liquids is just a skip away from REAL food! Tell Hannah I am so impressed with her perseverance through all that time NPO! I wish I could have been as brave and patient at her age. She is a very good example!
Hope you get the heck out of there this week!
Praying for you every day!
~Beth
Maryland
Hi there Neighbors :o)
Home Home Home!!
Debbie you are so funny, I remember looking at the clock at 3am, I was also doing scrapbook pages LOL
Have a good one, always in my prayers,
Melisa
Post a Comment