Hannah had to get red blood cells & platelets today before the ATG got started ... so with that happening over several hours, her ATG ended up starting around 4pm. Hannah had a little bit of a fever but nothing awful.
The first 15 minutes of the ATG transfusion went great .. no reaction. Second 15 minutes went by with just minimal itching reaction .... & then WHAM!!.....Hannah started shaking (think earthquake-like shaking) & feeling H.O.R.R.I.B.L.E.
To say that seeing her like that was hard is such an understatement. She was so brave & truly had on her "endurance" face most of today.
Great job, Hannah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't be more proud of you & how you handle yourself in such a terrible situations. You even used manners when talking with the nurse while you were shaking ... how sweet are you!?! One day you are going to help so many kids get through a situation like this.... I just know it!
They have reduced the ATG transfusion rate so her ATG probably still has about several hours until it is finished. Wow. What a long day.
We are hoping tomorrow's reaction won't be as bad & that Hannah's body will be able to hold up to what is being put into her system.
I am so thankful my mom & Jim are here. Although we didn't sit & chit-chat the day away while we were camped out in the hospital room, it was just good to have them both here for this very important day: we ate, played Sudoku, read books, magazines, drank Diet Coke & ate some more :-)
Thank you to so many for praying .. thinking of us ... and sending cards. Hannah got 13 pieces of mail today -- Thank you friends & kind strangers!!!!!!!
Lily, we miss you more than words can even possibly say. We loved seeing all the adorable pictures of you on my cell phone today. Just seeing your little smile helped us get through this day!!!!! Give lots of love to our Slazas family!!! We miss you all!!!
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
10:30pm & ATG Is Still Going
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Poor Hannah!
It kills me to see children in pain...and the shakes are no fun at all!
Tell her she is so brave, and she is an awesome example...I will try to be as well mannered the next time I have medical trauma.
Hope things calm down tonight.
-Beth
I hope the rest of the treatment went better....Prayers and love coming your way. Blessings, Inge
Thinking of you and praying so hard that the ATG works this time!! Hang in there, be strong and FIGHT!!!
Love from NJ, Steph
Post a Comment