Friday, June 5, 2009

Still Here ..

We were literally almost discharged today ... orders were written & the nurse was about to unhook the IV when Hannah started to have some, well, let's just say "intestinal issues". We have been here all day dealing with the "issues" and a minor bit of pain. She has had morphine twice today. Other than that, Hannah is on a small amount of IV fluid but she is still able to eat.

Hannah & I met with the reporter from the newspaper -- she was very kind & a bit amazed at the odyssey we have been on these past 6 months. I guess the whole thing is totally crazy but God has been so good to us during this time even though I feel tired & weary at this moment.

Lily is over at Aunt Kim's & having the time of her life! Kim sent me a precious picture of Lily in the bathtub. She is truly one happy camper!!! I hope we get out of here tomorrow so we can have some time at home with Lily before we leave for the East Coast.

I am begging (and will soon be bribing) Hannah to let me sleep ... how much should I offer as a bribe???

Sleep is extremely valuable to me these days!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

I hope you get some rest tonight. Let me know if I can do anything for you... return the stuff to Sears...take the dog to the groomer...anything. Praying for you all~ Cheryl

Jen Williams said...

How about putting on a movie for Miss. Hannah while you take a little cat nap?? Occasionally, Clifford the Big Red Dog, watches my kids while I close my eyes on the couch. Clifford is my animated nap angel.

Unknown said...

Uugghhh...continually praying!!

Inge said...

Hope you get some much deserved rest and sleep before you take the trip.