We made it ... and we are sooo happy to see pictures of our sweet Lily here on the blog. Thank you, Aunt Kim .. we L-O-V-E seeing our girl!!!
Hannah didn't sleep at all during the flights even though we were up at 5am to get going. She has had a very happy, happy heart all day. I think she is just very excited for an "adventure" outside of the Kaiser Hospital unit ... without being hooked up to an IV!! :-)
We are moving our appointment with John's Hopkins since we still have not received approval from Kaiser for the consultation ... we will probably meet with them later next week since we will be in the Baltimore area for at least the next 10+ days & Dr. Horvath is trying to get us approval for the consultation.
On one of the flights I met a very nice soldier that was coming home from serving 2 years in Iraq. (I thought 6 months in & out of the hospital was rough .. I can't begin to imagine what he has been through!) I was thanking him for his service & all he has done for our country & I was trying to think what I had in my purse to give to him (didn't think he'd like my Arbonne lip gloss)... I asked him if he liked coffee so I pulled out a Starbucks gift card & gave it to him (just wanted to do something for this nice young soldier!). As we were getting off the plane, he stopped & gave me a patch that the soldiers get when they go into combat. He said he wanted to give it to Hannah since she is going into combat for the bone marrow to come back. I was so touched & really all the emotions of this past hospital visit just about came pouring out all over this soldier named Kevin.
Hannah was very excited to get the patch & said is will go perfect on her Brownie uniform next year in Girl Scouts. Isn't that sweet? :-)
We are planning to do some sightseeing tomorrow & enjoy just being away from all things hospital, at least for this weekend!!! Thank you, Lord!!
I only wish that Lily was here with us for this "mini-bit-of-what-I-am-imagining-to-be-a-vacation".
All God's best from Homewood Suites --
Thursday, June 11, 2009
@ Hotel in Baltimore
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
What a great story about the soldier! May God Bless him! And all the best to you. I'm glad the trip went ok. Get some rest now.
Love,Inge
OMG..you are so thoughtful. I am sitting here crying. He is so right. Hannah is a little fighter (and a cute one too:)
Saying lots of prayers for you.
I am going to post the hospital address on my blog (not that I get many readers)as cards and prayers are wonderful!!!
how sweet of that soldier! wow! she is in combat!
Post a Comment