Sunday, June 7, 2009

One Year Later ... Remembering Roisin


Roisin, I miss you. It is so incomprehensible to me that you have been gone for a year. I drive by your exit & can't believe you aren't there.

Your love for others was endless and you always wanted what was best for others and wanted to make sure people felt included & cared for. I am still inspired by your love & selflessness. I have not forgotten you & I feel so deeply for your three precious girls that you left behind.

I can only imagine what this last year has been like for you. It must feel like a blink of time in the presence of the Lord -- what is that like????? I cannot wait to join you one day & I know you will be standing at the gate ready to show me around! I hope you have reserved mansions near by for me & all our friends so we can play practical jokes & short sheet Rachel's bed!!

Lily points with delight at your pictures around the house & at Kim's house. Truly, it is like she knows you. Somehow you must have seen Lily before we had her referral pictures but somehow she must have seen you. I don't know - but I know anything is possible for God (think: parting the Red Sea or raising the dead)!! I don't know how but Lily certainly loves her Aunt Roisin!!! Hannah has very special memories of you & still talks about you & treasures the bear you gave her with your voice recorded in it.

You were a true friend. A true sister. You knew you were going into the presence of the Lord & you did not fear leaving this world.

The list is endless of fun times we shared -- even in the midst of your physical & emotional pain. You were the only one that understood so many things & we enjoyed so many laughs about what we'd gotten ourselves into. If only you were still here to laugh with me ...... I love you always & thank God that I will see you soon!!!