Monday, June 22, 2009

Pneumonia

CT Scan immediately showed bi-lateral pneumonia. The top infectious disease doctors came to our room just after the scan to tell me about the heavy duty antibiotics they are putting Hannah on. They want to see how she responds over the next two days or so & then if things haven't changed they will do some more investigating to see what kind of bacteria is in her lungs. It is a severe pneumonia ... but they emphasized to me that it is treatable!!!!! Thank you, Lord! Hannah is on oxygen & a monitor to keep track of her O2 level & her heart rate.

She has been sleeping almost the entire day. Even when we have left the room for procedures (CT Scan & an IV line getting placed in her arm), she has slept either in the wheelchair or on the stretcher to & from procedures. Poor thing is just absolutely exhausted. I have really never seen her like this before. Right now I am in the bed with her and even though she is asleep, she knows if I get up ... so I don't.

My mom & dad are both here. They are staying at the Children's Inn right across the street -- I am so thankful they are here. My mom was here first thing in the morning when I sent her a message about Hannah's fever. Both of us were just in shock at how sick Hannah was this morning.

Her temp is climbing again ... hopefully not back to the 106's but she has been above 101 almost the entire day.

Her nurse, Amanda, is INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today is day #4 with Amanda & Hannah L-O-V-E-S her!! She calls her "Lady" .. it is soooo cute! Even in the shape that Hannah is in, she will listen to Amanda & work with her to take medicine & do what needs to be done. Thank you, Lord!!!!

My cheery little girl sitting on the window sill opening mail the other day is no where to be found today. Please pray all these antibiotics kick in & she will be in better shape soon.

PS -- Lil, WE LOVE YOU & LOVE seeing pictures of you on the blog!!!! Your pictures make our hearts soooo happy!!! If only this room was conducive to fun play for you, we'd have you here in a heartbeat! Keep having so much fun & being the perfect little baby that you are!!!!

7 comments:

Inge said...

Wow,poor thing. At least you know what is causing the fever and they can now treat it effectively. Love and prayers coming your way. Inge

this is us said...

Oh Deb - I'm so very sorry. Praying for your sweet girl - and her mommy!!!

Love,
Jennifer

DiJo said...

Hugging you from MSP Debbie!!!

Hold on.....

"Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice, and hold fast to Him." ~Deuteronomy 30:20a

Diana

Diana said...

I am so sorry for all Hannah is going through (and you too mom).
Your family is in my prayers.
Hugs

Beth Burgess said...

How are you, Debbie? I keep asking myself what I could do for you...but I know that in situations like this, the best thing I can do is pray. That I will do.

Hugs and Love,
Beth

Momma M. said...

I was comforted to read that they feel the pneumonia is treatable. When I was a little girl I had pneumonia three times before I was even five. And look at me now. I know you must have been besides yourself with all sorts of emotions, and I'm praying that you will be able to hold fast to all the strength you've gained these past few months.

Seth Postell and his family were here last Friday for Shabbat. He has three beautiful children - an eight year old, a four year old and a baby of a few months. We had some funny Seth/Debbie/Jennifer stories and moments to share together.

I love you, Debbie, and pray for good and better days ahead for all of you, but most especially for dear Hannah to be healthy and whole.

t~ said...

I'm so sorry. I pray that her fever drops and the medicine works for her pneumonia immediately.
Love and prayers from Fla...