Saturday, June 6, 2009

Hospital Weekend

Woke up today -- Hannah might have an infection (UTI) -- that might explain the fever she had the night before we went to Legoland & why she barely went to the bathroom that entire day. She is now "NPO", meaning she cannot have anything to eat or drink, mainly because she is still having "intestinal issues" (read: diarrhea). Sorry for the details of bodily-issues :-)! She was started on an IV anti-biotic this morning so hopefully that will clear up any issues.

I feel like I am getting a cold -- sore throat, etc. I am home today & Jim is at the hospital so that I can get some rest. Jim brought 3 movies that arrived from Netflix so Hannah was very happy to be watching some things she hasn't already seen.

Regarding being in the hospital room & sleeping: for some reason Hannah just hates if I try to take a nap. Seriously -- she can be watching a movie or doing crafts alone & I can be on my computer and it doesn't bother her one bit that we are both doing our own thing but as soon as I put my head on the pillow she is like, "MOM! I don't want you to sleep!! Don't take a nap!!" Last night we both went to bed at 10pm (me since I didn't nap & her since she was given IV Benadryl!) I could pretty much sleep in the middle of Grand Central Station so sleeping in the hospital is generally not a big problem for me - thank goodness!!!

I have received emails & comments about doing stuff for us while we are back on the East Coast. First, let me just say a HUGE THANK YOU!!!! I continue to be blown away by the love & care of others. Truly, I don't know what we'd be doing without the support, encouragement & kindness from others -- it is such a blessing and truly needed & welcomed!!! Today I received a call from a friend just encouraging me not to feel bad about not being so connected right now with others. Even though I know in my heart that no one blames me for being so out of touch, I like to be "in touch". I so appreciated just the fact that she called to let me know that I am "officially off the hook of feeling like I have to be connected with anyone." Thanks, Joyce!!!!

I will give Kim a list of things that I'd love to have done around the house. Yes, I'd like a pool installed but I WON'T put that on the list, I promise :-)!!!!! Just email Kim if you'd like to know how you can help -- THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kim's email is kkslazas6 at yahoo dot com

All God's best --


"Guard my life & rescue me; let me not be put to shame, for I take refuge in You. May integrity and uprightness protect me, because my hope is in You." Psalm 25:20-21

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thinking about you guys and praying!!

Debbie, how quickly were they able to diagnose Hannah with AA? We have good friends with a very sick little guy and they still aren't sure what's going on with him. You can read about him on my blog...if I remember right, they diagnosed Hannah pretty quickly, right?

If you have any advice for our friends, I'd love to pass it on to them. Blessings, stacy