Well, we are still here ... at Kaiser, Fontana, that is!
Hannah's test came back negative for UTI but tonight when I got back from dinner Jim told me they were testing her for a Staph Infection ... so who knows what is going on!?! This Aplastic Anemia thing is so crazy ... it is so day to day or shall I say, moment to moment. It really is.
All I know is we will be leaving by Thursday to catch our 6:20AM flight to Maryland!!!
It is so strange in this hospital room right now because I have not decorated -- I keep thinking we are getting discharged so I haven't filled the walls with pictures & cards. I guess as soon as I hang up all the pictures they will discharge us right away ... maybe I should get busy with the tape?
Hannah did let me nap today because I got into bed with her & we snuggled & napped together. Worked for me! We got in at least a good hour of wonderful glorious sleep!
Lily is camped out with her Slazas family & going to Disneyland tomorrow to celebrate Katie's birthday! Katie said it was one her birthday gifts to be able to take Lily with her to Disneyland on her birthday...isn't that so sweet? Happy 13th Birthday, Katie -- You are such a fine example to Hannah & Lily -- Thank you for loving them both the way that you do!! We all love you very much!!
HUGE NEWS to report: Daniel, our friend from here on the unit, was told today that he is in REMISSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you, Lord! As soon as his counts are up enough he should be able to go home. Truly, that was the best news I have heard since the day we learned that Chance's bone marrow had started engrafting.
I am blessed. Blessed to have met so many wonderful people through this time of Hannah's illness. Blessed to have great nurses caring for my Hannah -- nurses that know her, love her & care for her from their hearts. Blessed to have so many friends love on us & reach out to us at times when the tunnel of Hannah's illness feels very dark. Blessed to have Kim & her family all love on Lily the way they do & treat her like the princess that she is! Blessed to know that people far & wide are praying for Hannah. Blessed to always have a room to ourselves at the hospital (I cannot imagine having to share a room ALL this time!!). Blessed to have my own hospital bed to sleep in here at Kaiser Fontana (no extra charge, thank you very much!).
God is faithful -- He hasn't abandoned us in any way & He loves Hannah more than I could ever imagine. Thank you, Lord, that You go before us ... to John's Hopkins this Friday .... to NIH next week ... and to where ever You might lead us. I trust You & thank you that You are good & You know the plans You have for us. Thank you, Lord!
All God's best --
Monday, June 8, 2009
Camp Hannah Fontana
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment