Cousins Blair & Sarah, Aunt Rachel & Hannah

Lunch at Phillip's Seafood ... Yum-O!!!!
We are now checked into the Children's Inn, which is a free hotel-like place, right across the street from the hospital where Hannah will be tomorrow. As nice as this place is, I'd really prefer not to be here right now ... understandable, I am sure.We had an awesome time hanging out with Aunt Rachel & cousins Blair, Sarah & David. My mom, Grandma, arrived today & we all spent the day riding the Water Taxi around the Baltimore Harbor (thank you Beth for the suggestion!). It was such a perfect, beautiful day & riding the taxi was so relaxing & we got to take in all the sights. It was so nice & so fun. I just didn't want this day to end ... Hannah laughing with cousins, riding the boat, eating ice-cream, drinking lemonade. ... a perfect summer day of vacation.
Tomorrow she has a bone marrow biopsy. Pray for all to go well & for the ATG to bring her into remission!!!!
Thanks so much & thanks to all of you that are thinking of us, encouraging us & praying for Hannah. Your love does not go unnoticed or unappreciated!!!
PS -- When we got to the Children's Inn there were packages that have been waiting for Hannah since we were here in December. It was like having Christmas in June ... thank you Roose Family, Don & Joanne, Jen & Josh, Susan & Kassy. Also, there were already some cards that had arrived ... thank you!!!!! Mail is our friend :-)





5 comments:
Yay!!!! The water taxi! You can just sit there all day! I have done that many a time, in conjunction with my treatments, appts @ Mercy.
From the looks of that Phillips pic, I had the very table on May 30, after the annual Crohn's walk. I hope you had a yummy crabcake!
In fact, there are pics on my FB page from my April water taxi ride. I felt like a kid...all afternoon!
Many prayers for the BM biopsy tomorrow. Do they sedate her for that?
You should be getting more cards in the mail, soon. Is there anything you need?
Can you feel the love from Maryland?
Beth
Hi Ericksen Family,
I just read the article in the Daily Bulletin about Hannah, and wanted to send well wishes your way. I'm sure that Hannah opened up many hearts and minds about the urgency of blood donations--including mine. I missed the Sunday School prayer time, but I will be praying for resilience and strength for you all to get through this time with grace and confidence in the Lord. All that love from your family being with you must help! Take care!
Julie/The Luber Family
Hey you all, wanted to let you know you are being thought about. Praying that this treatment works!! My prayers are with you and we will see you soon. I am so happy you got to enjoy your self befor going into the hospital.
My thought and prayers are with you,
Melisa
www.caringbridge.org/visit/jacobshope
How fun! I'm glad you had a great day. Hope things go very well. (FYI, Susan is my mom and Kassy is one of her Sunday School students. My mom had all the kids make plaques for their parents for Christmas, but when Kassy heard about Hannah, she knew where hers had to go :)
Ok, apparently, I posted a comment under the name of the family I'm staying with. Oops! That last comment about Susan and Kassy was from me. Sorry!
Erika Lazo, staying up WAY too late in Texas.
Post a Comment