Sunday, June 21, 2009

High Fever Tonight

Hannah is about to be hooked up to a PCA (morphine drip) for pain issues. I think she might be getting serum sickness ... it is a common after-effect of the treatment, ATG. Serum sickness is MISERABLE .. think of the worst flu you have ever had & multiply it by about 100. That is serum sickness. She had it in December right after Christmas & was admitted to the hospital for about 12 days because of it.

Right now Hannah's fever is at 104.5 ... no beuno! Ironically, she had a great day even though she woke up with a fever. She spent part of the day playing ball with grandma in the hall, on the playground with Nurse Amanda, hanging out with daddy before he headed back to California and then she took a long nap. The time in the hospital is so strange because literally Hannah can go from seeming great (like in the video with the mail) to being in a massive amout of pain or having a fever -- you just never know from one minute to the next how things are going to be going.

Hope everyone had a nice Father's Day ... another holiday flies by & it still feels like December in my mind.

Last week I bought a magazine while we were in Wash DC ... it was a Jan/Feb 09 issue & I bought it thinking it was a NEW issue!?!?!! Can you imagine? That in itself tells you how messed up my mind is by the time warp we are living in!!! Why the store still had a Jan / Feb issue on the shelf in June, I have no idea.

Have I mentioned recently that her disease, Aplastic Anemia, is C-R-A-Z-Y?~!~?~! It really is.

1 comment:

Inge said...

I hope the fever goes down and she can have a restful night, and you too! Yes, it is a terrible disease.
Hang in there.
Love,
Inge