This will be shocking news ... it certainly was to me.
Our dear friend from Kaiser Fontana, Daniel Gonzales, died last night. I hate to even put this on the blog but I know so many of you have sent cards & pictures to Daniel. He was taken to ICU last night with complications & from there I don't know any details.
While we were all living at the hospital together, I had some great talks with Daniel & I know he is now in the arms of Jesus without any pain or discomfort. We called Daniel "the mayor" of the Pediatrics Unit. He knew everyone & everyone knew him .... and everyone loved him. Kaiser Fontana will not be the same without our Daniel. Hannah & Lily both loved him very much ... we all did! Daniel loved to wear funny t-shirts. One said: I AM NOT FAT, I AM FLUFFY. Another t-shirt said: NOT ONLY AM I PERFECT, I AM MEXICAN, TOO. He was a very special young man & he will always have a tender spot in our hearts. Thank you, Daniel, for being such a dear young guy ... we will see you again but it will be NO BEUNO without you!
Hannah is in full blown serum sickness. Fever, rash, achy, itchy, uncomfortable. She has spent the entire day in bed. She has been getting morphine & benadryl round the clock to keep her comfortable from itching & feeling achy. She just amazes me the way she is bearing down & coping with how terrible she feels right now. She knows it will be a few (or several) days of miserable & then we can get back to having some fun.
She handles all of this so much better than most adults would take it.... truly, someone remind me to get her a new trophy once we are through this week. She deserves it! My mom is here & we are camping out with Hannah .. playing a lot of sudoku & just being here for whatever she needs.
My computer blew up last night in the thunder storm (oops!). My mom is going to take my laptop to Philly for a little TLC next week so until then I will have limited internet access. Sorry for not replying to emails, etc.
Saturday, June 27, 2009
Our Friend, Daniel & Serum Sickness for Hannah
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
You're right, that is shocking news! I'm so sorry to hear about Daniel's death. I met him once while I was helping Hannah chase Lily in the halls. What a nice kid. I'll be praying for his family as well as you guys (as always)during this especially difficult time.
Erika
How sad about Daniel. How wonderful that you have the blessed assurance--he is in heaven!
I'm sure you will miss him, but he lives! Praise God.
Re: Serum Sickness--that totally stinks. Yuck! Glad she has the morphine and benadryl to help her through. Also happy to hear you have had your mother with you.
Re: The thunderstorm. I was at the Rockville Swim Center when that hit. What a doozy! I don't know what the weather is like in CA--but we do have horrible elecrtrical storms here! Many power surges...oye!
Re: no computer--I'm worried about you!! seriously...do you need a laptop to borrow? If your mom's not in town, and you don't have the internet, it will be hard. I feel for you. Call me if you need to talk...or anything. I almost said don't hesitate to shoot me an email...lol.
I'm praying for you guys...just hang tight and get through the next few days. Watch television and sleep--if at all possible, while Hannah's sleeping.
-Beth
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of Daniel. We've been out of town for a couple weeks, so have been out of touch. We will continue to pray for Hannah's bone marrow to kick in and also for her comfort from the serum. I pray that God will be your strength, peace, energy and will surround you all with love. You have such a beautiful family and are a blessing to so many people. Love & Blessings~
OMG I am so sorry to hear about Daniel. I know you made his life and stay at the hospital even better with your love and support you showed him. His family is in my thoughts and prayers.
I am so sorry about Hannah...I am praying that she is feeling better soon!!
Hugs to all of you.
We are so very sorry to read about Daniel, our heart and prayers go to his family and friends. Hannah sorry to read that your serum sickness has you feeling yucky. We hope that you feel better soon. I know that even though you are in NIH, We are sure that your having a good time with Grandma and Mommy. And with your cousins when they are in town. I know that you and Elizabeth didn't pend much time together out of school but she miss's you just the same. God bless you and your family.
Come home soon. Love Sabrina and Elizabeth
So sorry to hear about Daniel. May he rest in peace. I pray that Hannah will overcome the serum sickness and have a better day.
Love, Inge
Debbie, I am so sorry to hear about Daniel. I prayed for his family all through church this morning. And we are back to praying for Hannah at every meal and bedtime. . . so please keep us posted as your access to the internet allows. We love you.
My heart is breaking right now. This is just too real.
Im sorry about the serum sickness. Hannah is in all of our prayers.
Big hugs and praying these fun days are coming soon!!
Christy :)
Post a Comment