Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Discharged & Going to Bed!

Officially, Hannah is out of the hospital!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are home for 15 hours before we leave for the airport to go to the East Coast. We got to spend a wee-bit of time with the wee-little miss Lil ... what a treat she is!!! Oh my goodness!

If I could bring Lily on this trip, I would. My heart is just breaking to leave her here - not because I don't think that she is in the absolute best case scenario for our worst case scenario but because I just want to be with her. Want to rock her. Walk with her. Play with her. Teach her new words. Listen to her laugh. Have her come & hug my leg so that I will pick her up. Do all the things that I thought I'd be doing right now on this first day of summer vacation ...

Hannah, Jim & Lily went over to Kim's to make brownies (I just didn't have the energy in me!) and then Jim & Hannah will be home to sleep so we can all get to the airport early, early (thank you, Kevin .. see you at 5am!!).

Thank you to everyone that is praying & encouraging us along the way!

I ask that all of you with pen, paper & stamps put a card in the mail to Hannah. Please!!!! It would make her day(s) to get overwhelmed with mail while we are at the NIH for her treatment. Make sure to write her arriving date on the address so they don't mail it back to you if your card gets there before we do --

Hannah Eriksen
The Children's Inn at NIH (arriving 6/14)
7 West Drive
Bethesda, MD 20814-1509


We are hopeful that this treatment will work but just trusting the Lord with each new day! Just really laying our lives down with each new moment as we go ...

All God's best from California @ H-O-M-E,

3 comments:

Inge said...

Debbie, have a safe trip. My thoughts and prayers will be with you, Hannah and all your family. May the healing begin!
Love, Inge

Anonymous said...

Want to send Hannah a little something each day, but wondering how long she will be there.

Anonymous said...

Started following your blog last autumn when you went to China for sweet little miss Lily. It has been so sad to read about Hannahs illness. Can`t imagine what you all have been going through this past months.

Just want to tell you that we pray for you and think about you a lot.

Hilde, Trondheim/Norway