Hannah's test came back positive for C-Diff so on Saturday she just started on a 10 day oral anti-biotic. The oral medication does not come in a liquid form so the doctor told us we'd have to be admitted the hospital since Hannah refuses to take pills. Well, Hannah surprised us all & said she'd take the pills. WOW! She is now taking the pills one at a time on a spoon with Hershey's Chocolate syrup. She has done so great & is SOO PROUD of herself for getting the pills down! We will be living at the hotel in Bethesda until the C-Diff is cleared up enough to go back to the Children's Inn (which is like a Ronald McDonald House).
Hannah is so happy that Lily is here .... as you can imagine! For a while there Hannah was doing a lot of baby talk (coping mechanism, I guess??). Ever since Lily got here, I have not heard any baby talk from Hannah. I guess she is leaving that responsibility to Lily & fulfilling her role as big-sister :-)!
Right now Hannah is asleep in the clinic here in the hospital. I just got her counts back & she doesn't need any transfusions today. Her platelets are at 33k & her hemoglobin is 8.2. We are good until we have to come back to the clinic on Friday & most likely then she will get transfusions. The nurse (Debbie) that takes care of Hannah in the clinic is just amazing. Hannah has allowed Debbie to access her port 4 times in the last 8 days & not once has Hannah cried or screamed. It has been so incredible -- truly an answer to prayer. Thank you, Lord!!!
My computer is still down & the hotel doesn't really have a working computer. Well, they say they do ... but they don't :-). Right now I am on a computer at the hospital but I don't get here too often ... especially not alone. Ha, ha, ha!
This will be a good week -- Blair is here until Thursday, then my sister, Rachel, comes down to watch Lily while I take Hannah to clinic on Friday. After that, I am hoping to go to Philadelphia for the weekend & just enjoy some time alone at my parent's place with my girls (they will be out of town).
And last but truly NOT LEAST -- my "little" sister, Miriam, gave birth last night to baby #3. Welcome to the world Baby Justin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Justin, we are all so happy you are here ... our family needed the joy of your birth in more ways than you will ever want to know!!! Congrats Miriam & Mark and big brother, Josh & big sister, Julia!!! Much love to you all in Indiana!!!!
All God's best from the NIH -- "National Institutes of Hannah"
Sunday, July 19, 2009
C-Diff Positive
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Wow! Hannah doing so great with the pills. Amazing. She is such a trooper. I am glad you have the girls there and the support of your family. Yes, you are blessed to have them. Continued prayers,
Love, Inge
Hannah,
We are praying so hard that you catch a break!!! We think of you often and wish on every star in the sky for your bone marrow to get on the ball!! Keep your head up!
Love from NJ, Steph & family
Post a Comment