Friday, July 24, 2009

Next Appointment is One Week From Today!!

Hannah & I went to the clinic today for her appointment. Her blood counts were just above what is generally needed for transfusions (platelets 15 & hemoglobin 7.2). Her doctor is so awesome & agreed to go ahead & transfuse her today so that we don't have to come back until next Friday (otherwise we'd have to come on Tuesday). I am so happy because now we can go to Philadelphia for almost an entire week! My sister, Rachel, and her daughter, Sarah, were here watching Lily all day while I was at the clinic with Hannah. They all just left to drive up to the Philly-area.

As for me? I am A .. L... O... N ...E ..... !!! :-) I am off to get some much needed sleep at my parent's place & maybe even find a hair stylist that has an opening on the books for tomorrow!

Please just pray that we can just stay in Pennsylvania this week & we won't have to come back down to Maryland before Thursday night. I am so happy at the thought of being at my parent's place for the week. A break like this is much needed .... for all of us!!! :-)

Thank you to Amy from Indiana for your comment on the blog (and so many others for beautiful comments & emails). I totally agree with you:

The will of God will never take you where the grace of God will not sustain you.

Truly, I have never felt God's grace in my life like I have these past 8 months of Hannah's illness. Praise God for His grace that is amazing & never ending!!! I cannot imagine walking this road without the knowledge that He loves Hannah far more than I could ever love her & that He wants what is absolutely best for each of us, His children.

All God's best,

2 comments:

DiJo said...

Fantastic news!!! Praying you get a day of beauty tomorrow!!!

Hugs,
Diana

katrina said...

I hope you are able to get some needed rest and even a haircut. Little things like a haircut made a big difference with how we feel. Take care; you have a family in Florida praying for you and your family.