Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thursday - Grand Rounds

So Hannah woke up without a fever & as much as that would be good news, it isn't really. The doctors all came in today (about 8 of them) and discussed the entire situation. They are going to take Hannah to the OR for a procedure (bronchiscopy, i think it is called?). They want to get a sample of the infected tissue in her lungs to make sure they are treating her with the proper anti-biotics. Hannah is still feeling miserable despite not having a fever - right now she is in bed with my mom (love you, Grandma!!).

Hannah looks better than last night but overall looks a lot worse than just a week ago. She is having more C-Diff issues than when we first came in (abdominal pain, etc) so there is obviously a lot going on in her precious body. Hannah has zero appetite ... even Aunt Di-Di's fudge isn't tempting her. I know she is really sick if that doesn't make her get out of bed & dance -- poor baby!!

I can't think too much about the road in front of us & what might be going on. I just have to focus on what we are doing right now. Right now -- cherry zero, grill cheese, try to take a nap & take Hannah to OR for her procedure. I can't let my mind run down the road that it wants to run down of "what if this? what if that? what will happen ???? .......... " Just too much.

I know God is protecting me that I am even able to talk with the doctors with clarity of mind. It is totally His provision in every way.

3 comments:

Kim said...

BIG HUGS...You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers...
HUGS...

Melissa said...

Baby steps..take one small step after another. I wish there was something I could do. I know the power of prayer and Hannah needs a lot fo those right now so we will continue with that. Dig really deep and find the stregth you need to get through this day. Thinking of you always!

Sue Jolly said...

Just wanted you to know thar I have just found your blog recently and will be adding Hannah's name to our prayer list at church. Lord, I lift up Hannah and her family to you. Hold them in your loving healing arms.