Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Good Morning, Baltimore!

And I thought we were staying in Philadelphia for the week. Who was I kidding?

Myself, of course :-)

Surprise, surprise -- we are back in the hospital at NIH.

Hannah started to have a fever (never a good thing with Aplastic Anemia), abdominal pain & C-Diff issues. Poor thing!! We were just starting to get settled at Grandma's & Grandpa's place. Mainly we are in the hospital because starting last Friday Hannah wasn't able to take the anti-biotic pills anymore (making her gag & feeling sick to her tummy). She stopped taking the pills and since then her symptoms came back. Now she is on IV anti-biotic to knock out this crazy C-Diff.

Hannah was very upset about coming back to the hospital ... after a long hard cry she came upstairs & told me, "Ok -- if we go tonight that will be fine with me." It was like she just needed to get it all out that this is just too much (i can't blame her for one second!!!). Her whole attitude was totally changed ... she seemed to have just re-adjusted her mind to the "new" plan for our week. Plus, she got to spend some time with her cousins before we left for the hospital .... fun with cousins is ALWAYS a good thing ... thanks, Sarah & Dave!!

We had a great 2 days alone together with Lily (my parents were out of town). Lily is now camped out with Aunt Rachel & family. What would I be doing without my awesome family through all of this?? I can't imagine.

The girls & I stayed in all day on Sunday (a wonderful treat together!!!!) and then we went out for dinner. Lily is just sooo stinking funny. She does funny things on purpose to make you laugh and then when she gets a laugh out of you she does it over & over. This morning in the rocking chair she had me laughing so hard I was almost crying. That girl has some serious personality!!

She is just the tiniest little thing but she has the will (and vocal cords) of a giant. She is so clear on what she wants & she will let you know. Truly an Eriksen Girl -- knows what she wants & how to tell you. I love it!! I am just in awe of how beautiful she is and what a sweetie pie she is.

Hannah & Lily are SO BONDED. It is such a God-thing. Just incredible since they have had so much separation over these past 8 months. Hannah loves Lily & Lily just loves her right back just the same. These sisters were made for each other. Their relationship is such an answer to prayer. While we were waiting for our referral I prayed that they would be connected in a very special way. God has done more than I could have ever thought or imagined with these two. Not only did He answer my prayer for them to be bonded but He has done so in the midst of the worst circumstances for them to have an opportunity to bond. Thank you, Lord!

I am grateful for the reminder that God has answered many, many of my prayers. Too many for me to count. His answers have not always been in my timing (hello? ... waiting almost 3 years for Lily!!!) but He does hear & He does answer!! If I had not waited for His timing with Lily, we wouldn't have HER!!! Now I am waiting for Him to answer the cry of my heart for Hannah's healing.

---------------------------------------------------------
"For I know the plans, I have for you" declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment:

Inge said...

Sorry to hear that the long awaited week did not work out as planned. I pray that Hannah"s symptoms will be controlled soon and maybe you can take another trip up there and continue the week. Blessings from hot Fresno. Love, iNge