Hannah & I have been camping out at the Children's Inn ... just having fun & doing a lot of nothing. Last night we stayed up until 4am watching Food Network & Disney Channel. Today we rode the Metro to DC & spent time at Union Station (love that place!!) and then we walked to the Capitol & the White House. I pushed Hannah in a wheelchair since her energy level is low from low hemoglobin. It was a great day just being together. I have really enjoyed just having some "Hannah time" ... even though we have certainly had a lot of time together in the hospital all these months. This has just been nice to be at the Inn ... away from it all & out of the hospital.
Tomorrow we go to the clinic at the NIH for Hannah's first "outpatient" appointment. They will access her port to check her blood counts ... please pray that she does OK with the port accessing ... sometimes it can be emotionally traumatic for her despite the many times she has been through it. I don't blame her ... I'd be nervous too if someone was going to stick a 1.25" needle into my chest!! If her counts are low, she will get transfusions. I expect she will at least need platelets.
Tomorrow night we are going to Philadelphia to stay over at my parent's place. Hannah is excited ... she gets to sleep in the room that was mine as a kid.
I haven't been able to get online too much because my computer totally broke. It is now at the Computer doctor so I have to use a community computer here at the Children's Inn. Hannah is right here next to me so I'd better go ...
All God's best from the Children's Inn at NIH --
Monday, July 6, 2009
Relaxing Weekend Together
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Thanks for the update; hope the clinic visit and accessing port went well. Love and prayers, inge
Post a Comment